how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thetruth99

@shawcable.net
reply to zod5000

Re: How to switch from Shaw to Telus

I am not a SHAW fan but does the op work for Telus? Who is he that he has never heard of anyone getting kicked off for internet either go to Yak or Tek Savvy for truly unlimited.

Telus tech support sucks also if you need a service call you pay through the roof.

Roofer

join:2010-11-24

1 edit
said by thetruth99 :

I am not a SHAW fan but does the op work for Telus? Who is he that he has never heard of anyone getting kicked off for internet either go to Yak or Tek Savvy for truly unlimited.

Telus tech support sucks also if you need a service call you pay through the roof.

You are misquoting me. What I said was "I have never heard of a single instance of Telus charging a home customer for overage, regardless of what it saids under their Terms and Conditions". If there is evidence to the contrary, I will happily admit to being wrong.

No, I do not work for Telus, nor am I associated with them in any way, other than being a happy customer. I had negative experience with their old ADSL about 8 years ago, so I was as surprised as anyone how much better their ADSL2+ is.

The way I see it, with their cap lowering, overage enforcement and torrent throttling, Shaw has become hostile to Internet users. Telus, who does none of these, is friendly to Internet users. That is reason enough to dump Shaw. The money savings is just icing on the cake.

[Edit] If I work for Telus, I would not be posting how to get special offers and discounts through their loyalty department, something which I am sure they don't want to become widely known.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to thetruth99
said by thetruth99 :

That's not entirely accurate. Telus charges you for the service call if its your fault for the issue. IE you have a computer virus, or faulty home wiring they had nothing to do with, or you knocked the plug out from the modem kind of stuff. It's like charging a user fee to keep the service from being abused.

If it's telus' fault they won't charge. IE the modem broke, faulty outside wiring, issue with the wiring in your apt. phone room.. etc...