uniqs

W8ASA
Biet Noi Tieng Viet Khong?
join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH
·Time Warner Cable

W8ASA

Sinclair Stations in the Dayton Ohio Market

The Sinclair (which happen to be the Fox network stations here) affilates here are running ads telling customers that we will lose coverage. They also give us the 800 number for TW customer service, telling us to call them and quit TW, and go with Dish et all. That's a scumbag maneuver, and all it has accomplished is to pi$$ me off at the local Sinclair affiliates, channels 22 and 45 in this case. I have heard that TW, if the Sinclair drops its local coverage, will continue to provide Fox network coverage through a Cincinnati station. Good for them! To heck with Sinclair and their stupid tactics! Channels 22 and 45 in the Dayton market are wannabe stations anyway.

So, Sinclair wants us to change to Dish/Direct. What happens when they get into a tiff with Dish and Direct? Will they tell those customers to go back to TW? Sheesh..... give me a break.
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

moonpuppy (banned)

Yeah, Channel 11 (WBAL-TV) was doing a similar thing with Direct TV customers and showing that crawl all the time.

W8ASA
Biet Noi Tieng Viet Khong?
join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH
·Time Warner Cable

W8ASA

Last night, I was trying to watch a program on the local Sinclair station (I think WRGT 45), and every time they did their stupid announcement, they made the HD picture the width of an NTSC picture, although the HUGE scroll on the bottom was normal HD width. That made the HD picture a lot smaller, and not easy to see because they kept the HD aspect ratio. In my opinion, the Sinclair stations here have cheap equipment, inept technical people, and terrible studio lighting. Their news reporting leaves a lot to be desired.

Sinclair Group, are you getting the message yet? It's okay to negotiate however you want with Time Warner, but it is NOT okay to let those negotiations interfere with my TV watching with your moronic scrolling messages and ads telling me to move to satellite or U-Verse.