Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD

Re: [game] Police Tactical Unit - Day 3

At the police station, there was a shot and glass breaking from a window at the highest floor. Out of that window there flew a body. When it hit the ground, the crowd saw that it was Chief Brom. As they picked up the body the mafia saw thier chance had come at last. Archivis, smithfly and navy pulled out submachineguns and began slaughtering the crowd. AVD popped his head out of the top window and began shooting people with his sniper rifle. At the end of the day, nobody was left. The guy at the beginning of the story was right. The town never caught on.

MAFIA WINS
DrModem

DrModem

Premium Member

Roles

Mafia

Professor Moriarty - smithfly114
You are the greatest godfather of crime ever to stain mankind, and you appear completely innocent to every investigative eye. Your criminal organization consists of you and your minions Exodus See Profile, AVD See Profile and navyet2sw See Profile. You can all privately communicate among yourselves. You win with the mafia.

Accident Expert - Archivis
You are an expert... on accidents. As long as you are alive, mafia nightkills will take place some time the next day, and will not look like nightkills. Also, the role descriptions of the victims will not be revealed, only the role names. Any nightkill affecting actions applied to the target during the night will still apply when the kill actually takes place during the day. Also, while you are alive, a random mafia will appear innocent to any investigations for each game time period. You are part of a mafia organization made up of smithfly114 See Profile, AVD See Profile and navyet2sw See Profile. You can privately communicate with all of them. You win with the mafia.

Mafia Hitman - AVD
At any time once each day, you can shoot anyone you please. You are part of a mafia gang consisting of smithfly114 See Profile, Exodus See Profile and navyet2sw See Profile. You can privately communicate with all of them. You win with the mafia.

Police Department Mole - navyet2sw
As long as you are alive, you receive details of all actions performed by the police each night. You are part of a mafia gang consisting of smithfly114 See Profile, Exodus See Profile and AVD See Profile. You can privately communicate with all of them. You win with the mafia.

Town

Forensic Analyst - ProtusMose, Kristopher
You investigate the scene of a killing, and recieve one random letter of the person's name who performed it. Your action is automatic and is trigged by any death scene. You win with the town.

Investigator - Krisnatharok
You can investigate any target at night to determine whether they are guilty or innocent. You win with the town.

Chief of Police - Brom
You receive reports of all actions performed by the police department at end of each day. You win with the town.

ER Doctor - ekster
Each day and night, you can protect one person from death(except lynching during the day of course). You win with the town.

Townie - aztecnology, BigReds42, AntonyLingo
You are an innocent bystander. You win with the town.

Third Party

Sherlock Holmes - tmodelt
You can investigate one person each day to see if they are guilty or innocent. If they come up as guilty, you can shoot them dead on the spot. This is an unlimited ability. You cannot tell anyone your investigation results(even Watson). Unlike regular investigators, you cannot be fooled by a godfather's fake innocence. You can privately communicate with your friend Dr. Watson(Antonica See Profile) but noone else. If you die, Watson will die, and vice versa. If you are alive at the end of the game you, Watson and the town will win. So stay alive.

Dr. Watson - Antonica
You are the close friend of genius detective Sherlock Holmes(tmodelt See Profile). As long as you are alive, you provide doctor protection to him at all times. You can privately communicate with Holmes but nobody else. If you die, Holmes will die, and vice versa. If you are alive at the end of the game, you, Holmes and the town will win. So stay alive.
DrModem

DrModem

Premium Member

Action Log

Day 1
navyet2sw appears innocent for the day.
tmodelt investigates ekster, gets innocent result.
AVD shoots Antonica.
tmodelt dies becuase Antonica was killed.
ProtusMose receives the letter "a" from AVD.
Kristopher receives the letter "a" from AVD.
ekster protects ProtusMose.

Night 1
Brom recieved police dept report for day 1.
navyet2sw received stolen police dept report for day 1.
Mafia kills Kristopher.

Day 2
ProtusMose receives the letter "t" from smithfly114.
AVD attempts to shoot ProtusMose, but fails because ekster is protecting him.

Night 2
Brom recieved police dept report for night 1 and day 2.
navyet2sw received stolen police dept report for night 1 and day 2.
Mafia attempts to kill ProtusMose, but fails because ekster is protecting him.

Day 3
AVD shoots Brom, ending the game(4 mafia and 4 town left).

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem

GG.. I had a feeling it was Arch, AVD and aztec when Day 2 ended... and had smithfly and navy as suspects in the beginning... but a few other townies diverted the attention elsewhere heh.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

The town played this game absolutely disastrously. Most of them didn't much think about what they were doing, and didn't even pay attention. They just let the mafia blatantly herd them from lynch to lynch. It would have gone better if the town had worked together and played smarter:

First off, the forensic analysts both claimed simultaneously when they had uselessly low amounts of letters. They should have waited and gotten more letters before claiming, and they would not have been slaughtered. The only reason Protus didn't die immediately after Kristopher is because ekster was furiously protecting him. As you can see he was targeted twice in a row. Secondly because they didn't wait for more letters, they got confused about their role. Random means random which means the possibility of getting the same letter, multiple times. Had they waited and not jumped the gun, that would have become clear, and so would the fact that the a and the t were different people, not the same person. This key mistake led directly to both the lynch of the last investigator and of Antony. ekster, Krisnatharok and Brom all played it smart: they never claimed or breadloafed at what they were. Antonica and tmod were also playing well, and would have been quite useful had AVD not shot Antonica. Brom was only shot becuase the mafia needed an easy unprotected target to win, and he was the least active. ekster stuck with his protection, which is pretty much the only reason this game ended in day 3 rather than day 2. At the same time as all this, the town was letting themselves just get herded by the mafia to lynches, and not even caring or realizing it, even though it was fairly obvious.

All in all, the town played bad, allowing the mafia to cruise effortlessly to victory. Remember, this is a THINKING GAME.

It was pretty fun to watch though.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology

Premium Member

This probably needed to be a bigger game with more people...

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Well, I originally had 2 ER doctors, but I decided that might be too unbalanced so I got rid of the second one. Probably a mistake.

The FAs were there to put a clamp on the Hitman. The more he killed, the more of his name they would get. In avd's case all it would have taken was a v and he would have been toast, so he's pretty lucky XD

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

If Protus and I got different letters, we would have had AVD and the whole game would have changed. Random.Modem

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
For those of the TL;DR variety: I screwed it up for everyone.

For that, I am sorry. Are you sure Antony wasn't really on the take? It's like he read, "Excessive arguing as a defense, and other tips for how to overwhelmingly look like mafia." by ProtusMose.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

said by Prevailer:

No you didn't. If we would have gotten different letters, AVD would have been dead. And I don't completely buy Modem's "random", but have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

@AntonyLingo: Sign Up Here

»[signup] Crazy Game 11 - New Year's Edition

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
said by DrModem:

The town played this game absolutely disastrously. Most of them didn't much think about what they were doing, and didn't even pay attention. They just let the mafia blatantly herd them from lynch to lynch. It would have gone better if the town had worked together and played smarter:

First off, the forensic analysts both claimed simultaneously when they had uselessly low amounts of letters. They should have waited and gotten more letters before claiming, and they would not have been slaughtered. The only reason Protus didn't die immediately after Kristopher is because ekster was furiously protecting him. As you can see he was targeted twice in a row. Secondly because they didn't wait for more letters, they got confused about their role. Random means random which means the possibility of getting the same letter, multiple times. Had they waited and not jumped the gun, that would have become clear, and so would the fact that the a and the t were different people, not the same person. This key mistake led directly to both the lynch of the last investigator and of Antony. ekster, Krisnatharok and Brom all played it smart: they never claimed or breadloafed at what they were. Antonica and tmod were also playing well, and would have been quite useful had AVD not shot Antonica. Brom was only shot becuase the mafia needed an easy unprotected target to win, and he was the least active. ekster stuck with his protection, which is pretty much the only reason this game ended in day 3 rather than day 2. At the same time as all this, the town was letting themselves just get herded by the mafia to lynches, and not even caring or realizing it, even though it was fairly obvious.

All in all, the town played bad, allowing the mafia to cruise effortlessly to victory. Remember, this is a THINKING GAME.

It was pretty fun to watch though.

#1 - MOD Fail
1a. Unbalanced game with 4 mafia. A game should never be able to be LoL after Day 1.
1b. If Ant is town, and Arch is mafia... I will 100% die on day 1 or night 1. Look at every game that it was that situation, and you will see it. Soon as Arch was mafia and i was town, Something should have been switched instead of linking me to the most powerful role in the game

#2 - Town Fail
2a. See 1b. WTF GUYS I DIED DAY 1, WHO DO YOU THINK IS MAFIA??SDFJ:SDOF :P
2b. Kris needs to stop pushing so much that it forces people to claim. Pushing to get reactions is one thing, pushing to get claims is another.
2c. Protus and exster were the only 2 with half a brain. The new guy doesn't count cause well, he's new and you all should have picked up on that. The A and the T theroy, you guys had 75% chance of lynching a mafia, and you went for the freaking noob. Come on.............................................................

That's my rant, and also now everyone knows why I back out of all the games and won't be playing again. 1b specifically :P Why play if you can't play anyway?

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I kill you or Arch day 1 if I'm mafia. Y'all know me too well.

Now go sign up for the CG. No fair you missing out on the fun. It's no candle party, but hey......

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
said by Chaplain:

And I don't completely buy Modem's "random", but have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I thought he did that for balance.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology

Premium Member

said by AVD:

said by Chaplain:

And I don't completely buy Modem's "random", but have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But independent forensics should have got a different result, or had a different function...

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

2b. Kris needs to stop pushing so much that it forces people to claim. Pushing to get reactions is one thing, pushing to get claims is another.

no offense, but when we are both town, you prosecute me to L-0. You went after Kristopher real hard this game too. (I don't mind dying as long as Kristopher dies next).
AVD

AVD to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
said by aztecnology:

said by AVD:

said by Chaplain:

But independent forensics should have got a different result, or had a different function...

That was my argument in the game too.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology

Premium Member

said by AVD:

That was my argument in the game too.

That's what really buried us, even withstanding the double kill on day 1, would have changed the game entirely...

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
That was to get him off my ass cause he already forced me to claim, and after my claim he still continued on me.
Antonica

Antonica to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
Also I was on Arch from the start, re-read day 1.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

DrModem to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
said by Chaplain:

said by Prevailer:

No you didn't. If we would have gotten different letters, AVD would have been dead. And I don't completely buy Modem's "random", but have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It was random.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I believe you. Thanks for hosting. Great game!

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer

Premium Member

said by Chaplain:

Thanks for hosting. Great game!

Agreed. Loved the format. Some minor role tweaking and I'd love to see this one again.

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by Prevailer:

said by Chaplain:

Thanks for hosting. Great game!

Agreed. Loved the format. Some minor role tweaking and I'd love to see this one again.

you can play the same thing again.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

#1 - MOD Fail
1a. Unbalanced game with 4 mafia. A game should never be able to be LoL after Day 1.

I am kind of thinking this. We should have had twice the number of town, if the mafia get 1 kill per each day AND night. Or drastically fewer mafia (like, 2).

GG though.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

25% is the normal average.. but it varies depending on roles. 2 would have been too little.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I dunno, by allowing a hitman to strike each day, you effectively double the number of murders they can carry out. It could have been every other day.. or just simply fewer mafia, or the hitman be called something like "contract sniper" and not know the identity of the other mafia so there's a chance he kills a mafia-member.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
USA

2 edits

DrModem to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
The forensics roles and the enhanced doc were there to directly counter the hitman. Holmes and Watson were there to counter the general power of the mafia, since Holmes could kill any mafia he found and was invulnerable to everything but lynching or Watson dieing. Hypothetically, if Antonica had claimed and ekster just protected her the whole game while remaining undetected, the town could have won without any other help than that.

As stated before, it's pure luck that avd wasn't found out on day one by the dual FA's, seeing as he has a really short name with a unique letter(v).

This is basically the breakdown of power:

Town:
2 investigators, one day and one night
Day investigator shoots any mafia he finds, and is protected by a permadoc
Day and night doc protection
2 people who each receive a letter of a killer's name anytime there is a kill
1 role that receives the results of the FA's and the night investigator, so no result is ever lost.

Mafia:
1 day kill
1 night kill
1 person appears innocent to night investigator but not to day investigator.

I think that's pretty balanced.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

25% is the normal average.. but it varies depending on roles. 2 would have been too little.

I like the 25% idea.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
You missed one factor.

I was town.

Arch was mafia.

GG.

Any player/mod should know that by now, i've been bitching about it for a year.
Antonica

Antonica to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
linked characters are dumb... if their roles are linked thats one thing, but the "if one dies you both die" bullshit sucks. Unless you are mafia, then it's a free win.