spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Joejoes

@telus.net

Most Reliable Telus DSL modem?

What is the most reliable DSL modem for telus? I hate the ones that telus send you they crap out too much!.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
I'd start by suggesting you post in the TELUS forum, for the best answers...

That said, what modem do you have now; what service are you on; and what do you mean by "crap out"?

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to Joejoes
Let's get you moved to our Telus forum for some help.

zalternate

join:2007-02-22
freedom land
reply to Joejoes
For ADSL, the Thomson SpeedTouch is a great 'modem'.

For VDSL, well Telus apparently no longer gives out the ALU CellPipe 7130 'modem', so you are stuck with the ActionTec v1000h combo unit(modem/router) with Telus firmware.

But as VDSL technology gets implemented more, there should be more VDSL modems on sale online. And hopefully the price for a VDSL 'modem' will also get cheaper too.

--
Consumer Rights is more than just a suggestion.

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
reply to Joejoes
For ADSL, SpeedTouch 516 is probably the best one, followed by the 2wire 2700HG-E *in bridge mode* (the 2wire's NAT is kind of weak). As for the SE567 it is possibly the worst piece of junk in existence, avoid.

st7860

join:2004-05-13
San Francisco, CA
if your line isnt the best quality and you're just on the 6m package, the old dlink dsl300(the brown one not the silver one) works great.

fart

@telus.net
I have the stand alone modem that you guys are talking about.. i also have one of those 2wire things so i guess ill use that until it dies.. but if this ActionTec v1000h is the best one available, ill try it when my 2wire dies. I just wish there was a modem that did not disconnect, that did not decide not to work and stuff...