share rss forum feed

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Crazy Game 11. New Year's Edition - Day 4

The sun had just set for an hour or two, when a large god arose, his commands delivered by force, not by choice.

INVOKE DAY

Day was called early. Any night actions that did not get received by the time day was called was skipped.

The town awoke early to find that Antoinca had died during the short night. A landmine was strapped to her body.

Antonica See Profile - White Mage - You can protect one player each night. That player will be protected for an additional night. You win with the town.

http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/1619556~590a3e56dc673b3dcb6b9a53852aad8a/archivisday.png

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 8

Players not voting: AVD, BigReds42, brian, chlen, Dezbend, DrModem, Gbcue, Johnny, Karride, Krisnatharok, Meningtis, navyet2sw, ProtusMose, TheRul, tmodelt
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-20
that is an evil power...

I am assuming the night kill, the mine, and the short night were all coordinated mafia powers.

the unspoken question is did anyone get a helpful night action in?

questions that need to be answered in my book:

mafia
zombie master
lie detector

unfortunately I don't have a lead on the first two... we could kill off the one known zombie, just to be sure.

we could kill of the liars, but one we know was lying because he said so. and one was not a liar (I have to go back and remind myself how I came to that conclusion).

however karride is the top of my list today. I think his lie detector was suppose to be proven by claiming a lie from someone who admitted lying, then tried to frame someone else and got caught.

vote: karride

of course this is subject to change if anyone has other evidence.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
Click for full size
just for reference I snapped my buddies:

Johnny
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA
kudos:2
boudro is still around? Cool. Did everyone stop calling him "bourdo" yet?

Seriously, what do you think about this theory:

- Drew started bitching and moaning.
- Gomez, known scum, tried to get Drew to shut the fuck up.
- BR replaces Drew.

Was Drew scum? And therefore BR is scum? I don't blame Drew - if I got assigned scum I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about playing either.

Evidence against this would be that Gomez would have told Drew to STFU privately, rather than in the thread.

Johnny
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to Dezbend
said by dezbend :

I am assuming the night kill, the mine, and the short night were all coordinated mafia powers.

Maybe not. See this

when a large god arose, his commands delivered by force, not by choice.

Could be scum or town - it sounds as if the mod made the choices.

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH
kudos:1
reply to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

however karride is the top of my list today. I think his lie detector was suppose to be proven by claiming a lie from someone who admitted lying, then tried to frame someone else and got caught.

vote: karride

We may find out who is is today.... just sayin.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
if so, I will remove my vote.

it is more than a pressure vote, but that is the majority of it.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Archivis
Mod Note: This is a carry over from what should have been the end of Day 3.

Upon lynching smithfly, Karride See Profile's role was revealed.

Karride See Profile - Lie Detector - Each night, you may submit one post to the moderator from the previous day to be evaluated by a moderator. The mod will report back if they are telling the truth. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

IT IS STILL DAY. No, Karride did not die. Friggin read shit guys before you start spamming me with PMs.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
reply to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

The nightkill and the mine are from the mafia. I believe that we are down to the last mafia, due to both actions being in in time.

The day is from a town role, as I explained yesterday. The same person can also sacrifice someone to bring early night, although early day can only be used once.

The mafia's land miner role has a random affect when the bomb is stepped on, so it doesn't cause a guaranteed kill, as we have already witness.

Johnny
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

Karride See Profile - Lie Detector - Each night, you may submit one post to the moderator from the previous day to be evaluated by a moderator. The mod will report back if they are telling the truth. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

OK, Karride is now a marked man, so if there is a protective Town role left, protect him.

Johnny
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to DrModem
said by DrModem:

The mafia's land miner role has a random affect when the bomb is stepped on, so it doesn't cause a guaranteed kill, as we have already witness.

How do you know that there is a "Mafia Land Miner" role?

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
unvote

can someone link or quote the posts that karride has used his power on? I am confused.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
Ok I did it myself

First,

said by Archivis:

Mod Note:

said by navyet2sw:

believe what you will.

fact: i had one kill shot, and chose to kill gomez on day 1. i have no other abilities. and now become a regular townie and win with the town.

i have played with gomez several times before, and to me the only time he ever really nitpicks someone's words, is when he is mafia, he is usually a very observant player, but this time to me was through the roof in picking everything apart.

so i shot him.

Lie… however the lie could be something understandable like “I have no other abilities.”

said by Meningitis:

said by AVD:

did your win condition change?

No. I win with town.

Lie. This is very straight forward.

I didn’t think the second one was a lie because it was clear Gomez was mafia before he was infected and retained that when he died. I guess I was wrong and zombies become mafia (I know he wasn't before because I saw the accidental post).

Karride, did you get a result in the short night last night?

Regardless…

vote: meningitis
--
DSLr Mafia Member

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
reply to Johnny
said by Johnny:

said by DrModem:

How do you know that there is a "Mafia Land Miner" role?

A.

There are land mines.

B.

I got their role PM last night.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
reply to Dezbend
I am so honored...

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
reply to Archivis
who called the night early, and why? There must be at least another mafia from Dr.Modems one.
--
Standard disclaimers apply.
Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to AVD
the weird thing about that screen shot is that meningitis wasn't on over night.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
that means no lie detection today. I didn't get my night move in last night either.
--

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
reply to DrModem
said by DrModem:

B.

is that the only mafia role you know for sure (other than the dead mafia)?
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Johnny
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to DrModem
Did you know from your role that you would be periodically receiving other players' role PMs?

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
Yes. Getting role PMs every night IS my role.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
reply to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

said by DrModem:

B.

That is the only mafia role I have received. The other two have been town(Sun god and Brom's role)

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
reply to Archivis
I think I'm missing something. Why does meningitis not being on overnight mean that karride couldn't get us a result? (Assuming he was able to get it in before the Sun god action.)

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
I wasn't saying that, you are misunderstanding me.

I am expressing reservations about my conclusion that meningitis is mafia because he wasn't on during the night... but I am comfortable enough... he must have become mafia when he became a zombie, so looking at the numbers there are probably one or maybe two remaining mafia who started the game as such.

I don't know if karride got his action in in time or not.
--
DSLr Mafia Member

Johnny
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium
Atlanta, GA
reply to DrModem
said by DrModem:

said by Dezbend:

said by DrModem:

B.

That is the only mafia role I have received. The other two have been town(Sun god and Brom's role)

Sun god is Town? You said it was Mafia.

The nightkill and the mine are from the mafia. I believe that we are down to the last mafia, due to both actions being in in time.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium
join:2009-03-06
Places
reply to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

Ok I did it myself

First,

said by Archivis:

Mod Note:

said by navyet2sw:

believe what you will.

fact: i had one kill shot, and chose to kill gomez on day 1. i have no other abilities. and now become a regular townie and win with the town.

i have played with gomez several times before, and to me the only time he ever really nitpicks someone's words, is when he is mafia, he is usually a very observant player, but this time to me was through the roof in picking everything apart.

so i shot him.

Lie… however the lie could be something understandable like “I have no other abilities.”

said by Meningitis:

said by AVD:

did your win condition change?

No. I win with town.

Lie. This is very straight forward.

I didn’t think the second one was a lie because it was clear Gomez was mafia before he was infected and retained that when he died. I guess I was wrong and zombies become mafia (I know he wasn't before because I saw the accidental post).

Karride, did you get a result in the short night last night?

Regardless…

vote: meningitis

I do in fact win with the town. My condition changed in that I am a zombie and I have no powers. I still win with the town. That would be easy to see if Karride didn't pick such flip-floppy statements to detect.

For future 'detections' pick straight up yes/no statements. Not something that could have a double meaning.
--
Get in here! Pub Games

Karride
Slower Traffic Keep Right
Premium
join:2000-04-17
Germantown, TN
said by Meningitis:

I do in fact win with the town. My condition changed in that I am a zombie and I have no powers. I still win with the town. That would be easy to see if Karride didn't pick such flip-floppy statements to detect.

For future 'detections' pick straight up yes/no statements. Not something that could have a double meaning.

It wouldn't matter what posts I picked, you'd find a way to try and wiggle out of it. And Eveyone I've asked direct yes/no questions too has later been lynched, leaving me to pick things that may not be quite as cut and dried as I'd like.

From my point of view there is no ambiguity in the results I get at night. I can't post PM's, but in Navy's case, the word "total" was a part of the result.

Now FFS, can we kill one or the other of the Scummy people?

Vote:navy

Karride
Slower Traffic Keep Right
Premium
join:2000-04-17
Germantown, TN
reply to Archivis
I was not able to use my role last night...day had come by the time I got on.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
reply to ProtusMose
said by ProtusMose:

I think I'm missing something. Why does meningitis not being on overnight mean that karride couldn't get us a result? (Assuming he was able to get it in before the Sun god action.)

I made a mistake, confused the two
--

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY
reply to Archivis
I was out in NH for the weekend, left mid-day on friday so I am just catching up.