spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DonaldForbes

@mybrighthouse.com

Perhaps this will help clarify:

Bright House Networks does in fact provide Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) – or what is known in the business services market as “dedicated access” – to its business customers who want this type of bandwidth. We work directly with our business customers to provide solutions tailored to meet their specific needs. We currently serve more than 3,000 Florida business locations directly with fiber. We currently offer speeds up to 1 Gbps, although it should be understood most business customers do not require 1Gbps speeds. Residential customers, at this time, do not need the bandwidth offered with dedicated fiber – however, Bright House has led the industry in comprehensively deploying next-generation bandwidth services (DOCSIS 3.0) to its’ entire footprint in Florida – current speeds offered are 50 Mbps with the ability to offer much higher. We provision our network according to our customers’ needs.
As a private company, we do reserve the right to share specific proprietary details of our network and our business for competitive reasons. However, it is no secret that we offer the above services.

While it’s disappointing that Bright House was not approached by Mr. Bode in an effort to fact check his article for accuracy, we’d welcome speaking with him directly to help set the record straight.”

tdar

join:2004-04-05
Satellite Beach, FL
kudos:1

2 edits

Dear Mr. Forbes:

As a BrightHouse central Florida customer I'd like to add this: What would truly be nice is if you, and the others in your industry, would stop saying this: "Residential customers, at this time, do not need the bandwidth offered with dedicated fiber". Please do not tell us what we need. This is that same type of thinking of that famous quote from the former chairman of ATT, who said that none of us needed more than 6MBs. Some of us have more advanced needs than others of us. Why can we not be the judge of what we need in the fashion that was provided by the Verizon gentleman above your post. I'd love to have the 150MBs service he offers in Tampa here on the East coast. DO you offer it at the same type of price level he does? I think the answer is no. Your company JUST began to offer 40MBs here.

Now don't get me wrong, for the most part most of us who are BrightHouse customers are happy with our service. But I think we all understand what it is that Karl was saying in his News posting.

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

1 edit
reply to DonaldForbes

said by DonaldForbes :

Bright House Networks does in fact provide Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) – or what is known in the business services market as “dedicated access” – to its business customers who want this type of bandwidth. We work directly with our business customers to provide solutions tailored to meet their specific needs.

While it’s disappointing that Bright House was not approached by Mr. Bode in an effort to fact check his article for accuracy, we’d welcome speaking with him directly to help set the record straight.”

Before speaking with Mr. Bode, speak to your own representatives who man the phones at 1-877-424-9246. That's your business class inquiry line, the one we used when we called Bright House yesterday about this.

It's a big secret to them, because they didn't say a word about dedicated fiber access, and pushed for traditional hybrid fiber-coax, even when we asked about fiber directly.

I think the other point of interest is that Bright House has said residential customers "don't need" fiber, something Verizon and municipal providers would disagree with.

We wanted to fact check the claims made by one party in the Daytona newspaper about fiber being hard to get and not advertised. We called and the result we published. If I was running a Florida business and wanted true fiber access, the representative we reached would have not been able to help us and in fact made it plainly clear it's not necessary to have it in the first place.
--
Phillip M. Dampier
Editor, Stop the Cap!
»stopthecap.com