spc
Search similar:

uniqs

captbaldo
join:2010-09-02
Dunnville, ON

captbaldo

High Speed Warp and High Speed Nitro Now Available

Noticed a little while back that Shaw Hamilton is now offering High Speed Warp 50mbps dn/3mbps up and High Speed Nitro 100mbps dn/5mbps up. I believe pricing is similar to Shaw out west and I'm not sure if it's available in all areas. I've upgraded to the warp package and it's great. Here is my speed test.

If you do decide to upgrade your service you'll need to swap your modem for a SB6 Docsis 3.0 modem. Also, once your modem is hooked up you should also make sure that Shaw updates it to the latest firmware otherwise your connection will be riddled with packet loss and not work that great. After firmware upgrade, no problem. Great work Shaw finally a decent download speed.
audi1
join:2007-07-02
Hamilton, ON

audi1

For this upgrade to Warp was the Docsis 3.0 modem delivered or did you go to the Shaw office and swap old for new modem ?

captbaldo
join:2010-09-02
Dunnville, ON

captbaldo

I had to go to the Shaw office in Hamilton and exchange my modem. I'm sure if you asked they would also deliver it. I just didn't want to wait to get the better speeds. I've had it for approx 2mnths now and it is working great. Haven't noticed and speed slowdowns at all even during peak hours. Also, my street was dug up last summer and all the cable lines on my street were upgraded. I'm not sure if the service is available to everyone or not. You'd have to ask Shaw that. Hope this helps.