All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mkaishar
join:2000-12-20

mkaishar

Poor experiences with the new Megapath company

So we have had a Speakeasy DSL 10/1 for 4 years now, our T1 with Verizon is up for renewal, so we decide to go with Megapath's 10x10 service to replace the T1.

Initial sales goes very well, pricing is very good, verizon circuit install goes well.

Next is the megapath tech who comes out to install the adtran, he leaves without providing any documentation, no login info, not even mounting hardware.
He dumps the adtran unit resting it on the back of the network switches...very very poor service.

It's been a week, I finally submit a support ticket onto Megapath's extranet (btw, megapath really needs a better portal, it sucks!)
speakeasy's portal is 1000% better!!!

After 2 days and no response from megapath regarding my support tickets, I call them, their support people are nice and helpful, I get our new network block, tell them to ship me mounting hardware for the adtran.

We go try to access the adtran from the wan side and low and behold looks like it is not provisioned.

I do have to admit that their support people were helpful and decent people to talk to, I give megapath a 2 out of 5 for this experience, they need to resolve their process and procedures, they need to dump that lousy extranet system they have and incorporate speakeasy's support system, it is so much better.

mega sucks
@windstream.net

mega sucks

Anon

I have been trying to contact support for over 4 hours about a line that is down, can not get past their hold music...
The on line folks keep repeating this"All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly."

This company sucks...................

megasuck
@speakeasy.net

megasuck

Anon

Our bonded T1 solution is down. I've been on hold now for 35 minutes without any indication of how long I will be on hold. The prompts on the phone system are ridiculous and the online problem submission form is useless. I have been a customer of Speakeasy since they were a cafe (I currently have the bonded T1s and 4 DSL locations) and now I can't wait to get away from them.
lorennerol
Premium Member
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

lorennerol to mkaishar

Premium Member

to mkaishar
The board should have fired Chatterly four years ago. He's run what was an excellent ISP into the ground. Maybe Apgar would be willing to come back and fix the mess.
AirenBunte
join:2011-02-13
Coeymans, NY

AirenBunte to mkaishar

to mkaishar
Seems to me that everybody got a worst real experience about their service. I was supposed to purchased it but seeing this comments, I changed my mind and canceled the order. Thanks guy for sharing your experience.

bhan261
join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

bhan261 to lorennerol

to lorennerol
said by lorennerol:

The board should have fired Chatterly four years ago. He's run what was an excellent ISP into the ground. Maybe Apgar would be willing to come back and fix the mess.

Agreed!
NgtFlyer
join:2000-07-09
Marietta, GA

NgtFlyer to mkaishar

to mkaishar
I've had 6/768 service with Speakeasy for nearly 9 years. About two weeks ago, I was switched over from Speakeasy's net over to Covad. Now, high latency, packet loss and obvious routing issues are the norm. Haven't been able to get anywhere with support and $146 (I pay $6 for higher news cap) per month for a 6/768 DSL line is terrible value for money. Sadly it's down to AT&T Uverse or Comcast where I live, so I have signed up for 50/10 Comcast business Internet service. I'll be paying a bit more, but I will have far more bandwidth and no data cap. I work in IT. I have servers. I work from home frequently and this involves transferring a lot of data. Plus, I am a power user. I watch video podcasts and download several others.

I've also noticed that while watching video streams, particularly Youtube, Twit.tv and Revision3, it appears that they are being throttled. (ALL traffic stops for 5 seconds in regular intervals while watching the stream.) If I close the stream, I don't get interruptions in traffic. My download speeds are normal if I download a decent sized file from a good source such as download.com.

So, after a very good 8 year run and a not so great past few months, I am finished. It's kinda sad losing these four static IP addresses I've had for all this time but, as I said in my last update to my Speakeasy review, all good things come to an end.

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd say I look forward to dealing with Comcast, but so far with the business pre-install process, it has been pleasant. I'll write a review for it sometime next week.
lorennerol
Premium Member
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

lorennerol

Premium Member

said by NgtFlyer:

Sadly it's down to AT&T Uverse or Comcast where I live, so I have signed up for 50/10 Comcast business Internet service. I'll be paying a bit more, but I will have far more bandwidth and no data cap. I work in IT. I have servers. I work from home frequently and this involves transferring a lot of data. Plus, I am a power user. I watch video podcasts and download several others.

Based on my experience, I don't think you'll be disappointed with Comcast. Their biz support comes as close to the "old" Speakeasy as anyone; they are really quite good, technically competent and focused on fixing the problem. Usually short hold queues, too. And 50/10 is one of those things that is very easy to like. Need a 2GB ISO? Downloaded in a few minutes. Read up on how to put their CPE in pseudo bridge mode if you are using static IPs.
NgtFlyer
join:2000-07-09
Marietta, GA

NgtFlyer

My Comcast order to live was a week, install went fine, CPE is in pseudo-bridged mode and all is well. I get a tad over the advertised speed and I find that often, the site I am downloading from is the bottleneck. 50/10 will spoil you very quickly. I've had the service for just over a week now and haven't encountered any issues. I'm glad I made the switch.
MegaPath Dan
join:2011-01-29
Saint John, NB

MegaPath Dan to mkaishar

to mkaishar
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Speakeasy, a MegaPath brand. We are very sorry for this unfortunate experience with your Field Service Technician who came out to your site. Here at MegaPath, we care when you have a problem with your service and will do anything we can to help you. Call into our Technical Support center at 800-556-5829 or 877-611-6342 if you are a Legacy MegaPath customer (With Clarity client ID) providing your account number/user ID and the complaint you have about the Field Service Technician and ask for any help you'll need with that Adtran device.

We realize you do have a choice, Thank you for choosing MegaPath.

-----------
Daniel
MegaPath SMB Network Operations Center
1-877-611-6342 x5

speakisider
@tmodns.net

speakisider

Anon

As a speak employee (over five years) I recommend that everyone gtfo. Its only gonna get worse from here. There is no focus on customer support and management only wants to lock companies into contracts so it is hard to leave

fku
@eastlink.ca

fku

Anon

agreed, evry1 gtfo! lolz
mkaishar

mkaishar

Update... MegaPath 10x10 EoC has been down for almost 24 hours and no one can or wants to resolve the issue.

Support tells me that we have to wait until Monday morning for the billing the department to reprovision the circuits, yet they say it is not a billing issue and we are paid up to date.

Second problem...we've been paying for 10x10 service for almost a year which is supposed to be 7 circuits, yet when they did the install they only connected 5 circuits and only providing us with 7.5/7.5 service.

Only by chance when contacting support did I find out that Megapath has been defrauding us, I bet you if we were defrauded there are probably many other customers with the same issues.

At the same time our backup Speakeasy 10/1 DSL has been down for a few days but has since been restored.

Haha...they claim 99.99% uptime on their site...what a joke.

So I am talking to support now and the operations manager decided that his weekend is more important than getting off his a$$ and just re-enabling our service...so now technically we are up, but are being blocked from passing traffic through because of this dumba$$ who just has to re-enable our accounts.

What a story, support's hands are tied...because Megapath management does not trust them enough to resolve issues in a timely manner when customers are down.

RUN AWAY FROM SPEAKEASY/COVAD/MEGAPATH...DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THEIR SLICK SALES!

TERRIBLE ISP, TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE SUPPORT INTERFACE, TERRIBLE ALL AROUND.
mkaishar

mkaishar

update...finally service has been restored this morning...not sure what time, but it took a good 2 days just for someone to go into their system and enable our service...sad sad sad...
qworster
join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster

said by mkaishar:

update...finally service has been restored this morning...not sure what time, but it took a good 2 days just for someone to go into their system and enable our service...sad sad sad...

I know-and we look like fools for recommending them.

izint
@comcastbusiness.net

izint

Anon

If it goes down, QUIT NOW - my friend didn't, it took FIVE DAYS to get someone out & they charged him hundreds to get the line tech out for a problem they admitted was on their end.
I repeat - the minute Speakeasy/Megapath goes down, cut your losses & switch!!!
mkaishar

mkaishar

WTF...service is down again...are they out of their f***ing mind...where we can make this visible to media companies?

In the last month service has been down for a week or so, yesterday/today service went down 1/2 dozen times!!!!!!!!

Megapathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MacFive
@speakeasy.net

MacFive to mkaishar

Anon

to mkaishar
I have been having all sorts of problems with our once stable speakeasy line now going up and down intermittently. Also, their customer service representative tried to call my daughter's line and then got a hold of my wife and gave her a hard time. My wife said he was a complete jackass to her.

Too bad, I miss the seattle folks they were so nice and handle things professional. They use to hear me cooking as I was talking to them and we would chit chat about receipes. I do not feel at all comfortable with the people now doing customer service. They seem like a low class of people. Just my impression.

Well, I gave them 1 opportunity to fix my line. If they can not fix it I am going with Comcast business.