Premium
join:2005-03-29
kudos:3

1 edit

4 recommendations

reply to badd

Re: [ID?] Getting to know you part 2

Probably 70 years ago
Hi - I'm surprised that some of you consider me a member of DI at all. I was born and have lived in NYC for some 78 years, probably making me the oldest member here. I can remember developing and printing my first images right after WWII, and remember sun developing kits even before that. Photography was an early hobby for me, both 35mm and 2 1/4 square, and some of you will remember Federal enlargers, and Weston Master exposure meters. It wasn't until I got married, 51 years ago, that I got my first 'real' Nikon, a model F, followed by a couple of additional lenses, all of which were put to use taking mostly pictures of my three sons, the kind I usually object to seeing here in the gallery (I've always considered them personal, and not to be publicly displayed). For a while I used a Bronica, but gave it up as too cumbersome.
When we could afford it, we took trips to Europe, where I really began to have an interest in photographing 'places', which has remained with me to this day. As you may have gleaned over the years I've been here, the Gallery for me is a place to post the best I can, and seeing some bad imagery here still makes my blood boil, but nowhere to the degree it used to (live and let live). One of my real pleasures here is to see Galleries I haven't seen before and to discover more and more great images, especially those that lead me to try to emulate them in my own way.

I'll drop an IM to Bon Scott as my 'tag'.

Premium
join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

said by 29886823:

Photography was an early hobby for me, both 35mm and 2 1/4 square, and some of you will remember Federal enlargers, and Weston Master exposure meters.

A Weston Master III and yes it still works, no batteries required either.

Wayne
--
A tree full of trained monkeys have my back.