share rss forum feed

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to xenophon

Re: Where is you god now wimax shills?

With Sprint likely migrating to LTE, I doubt mobile WiMAX has much of a future in the US. Worldwide roaming won't get you much for WiMAX in a few years because I doubt you'll find (m)any handsets with WiMAX radios if you're native to the US.

It's not so much as looking forward to WiMAX's demise, rather it's a sense of being grounded in reality.

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
I would agree that WiMAX in handsets do not have a future (unless embedded in WiFi chipsets). WiMAX as a whole will still probably be around globally long term though, including the US - but not via the traditional telcom companies.

MEohME

@wideopenwest.com
reply to openbox9
WiMax will be around. How do you think most Wireless providers are pushing faster speeds to their customers? There is actually a national WiMax provider that has been in business LONG before Clear/Sprint pushing the technology. Here is their website: »www.openrangecomm.com/Default.aspx

now tell me the technology is dead.

openbox9
Premium
Germany
Please reread my post and then get back to me.

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1
reply to MEohME
said by MEohME :

WiMax will be around. How do you think most Wireless providers are pushing faster speeds to their customers? There is actually a national WiMax provider that has been in business LONG before Clear/Sprint pushing the technology. Here is their website: »www.openrangecomm.com/Default.aspx

now tell me the technology is dead.

Thats not mobile wimax.

MEohME

@wideopenwest.com
nobody said ANYTHING about mobile Wimax. YOU said WiMax. Which means ANY form. So yes; you are wrong about the technology being dead. like it or not; you are WRONG.

openbox9
Premium
Germany
said by MEohME :

nobody said ANYTHING about mobile Wimax.

Umm, as much as I don't like sticking up for patcat88 See Profile
said by patcat88:

Wimax is dead as a consumer grade mobile wireless internet standard.

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
reply to xenophon
WiMAX is still growing globally. It hit 820M+ pops coverage end of last year, from 600M pops the year before. Should hit 1B this year.

»wimaxforum.org/resources/monthly···y-report

Sprint will likely get out of WiMAX but it's ridiculous to think Sprint alone defines the industry.