how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gvd

join:2011-01-03
Skokie, IL
reply to robot

Re: AT&T usage meter -- is yours as wildly inaccurate as mine?

said by robot:

What if you can't get dd-wrt running behind your 2wire on Uverse (due to double natting issues, etc)? You're boned either way.

I don't have a 2wire, I have an old speedstream 4500 (and a 5500 somewhere, buried in a closet). I turned off PPPoE on the modem, and do PPPoE on the dd-wrt, solving the double-nat problem. (Mentioning it in case the 2-wire supports doing PPPoE someplace else besides the modem.)

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by gvd:

I don't have a 2wire, I have an old speedstream 4500 (and a 5500 somewhere, buried in a closet).

Do you mean SpeedStream 4100/5100?
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

gvd

join:2011-01-03
Skokie, IL

said by NormanS:

said by gvd:

I don't have a 2wire, I have an old speedstream 4500 (and a 5500 somewhere, buried in a closet).

Do you mean SpeedStream 4100/5100?

That must be it. I haven't played with either one's configs in quite a while.

joewho
Premium
join:2004-08-20
Dundee, IL
reply to gvd

Is there a way to download the usage meter, without installing any additional software? Is this a beta, not generally available yet?

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

said by joewho:

Is there a way to download the usage meter, without installing any additional software? Is this a beta, not generally available yet?

Well any usage program you install would require you to download/install and run in the background.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

joewho
Premium
Dundee, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Two wired accounts at this residence. I'm on wireless with access to both. Not really concerned about overage, not even close, but am curious about the usage meter. Don't really want to put an AT&T disk in my or anyone elses computer. So how does that relate to this new stuff?

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL

A router that tracks usage is the best since you have multiple devices. You can set it to warn you when you get close to your cap. If it is a 150GB cap you can set it to warn you at 75GB, 100GB etc.

If you want to download software that tracks your usage you would need to install the program on every PC. Also it would not work on devices like a Wii, Blu-ray player or a Netflix streaming devise for example.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

joewho
Premium
Dundee, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Thanks wings, but I'm specifically interested in the AT&T meter. There are two seperate accounts in one residence, reason being that someone had issues holding connection to the main wireless router. She said screw it, I'll get a wired modem. lol. Cool.

No concerns about usage. Occasional p2p, but rare. Otherwise, no issues, just curious about the "meter". No streams, no major d/l's. So, no, I don't want to exercise my brain on this one. Just wish there was a simple link to download the meter, install it, check it out, then get rid of it. .
Edit: yah, close my eyes, click my heels and wish....
--

we're all connected

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL

Just use the ATT site and enter what ever number you want to check usage on.

»cprodmasx.att.com/commonLogin/ig···SESSION=
--

joewho
Premium
Dundee, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Don' t know how you did it, but thanks. I tried searching this out and wound up posting, here, a link to wireless. Had to ask a mod to delete the post and stick my head in the ground. . Hey, if I don't take chances, how will I learn? College?