uniqs
share rss forum feed

gvd

join:2011-01-03
Skokie, IL
reply to notovny

Re: Has anyone...

said by notovny:

I'm generally seeing significant discrepancies between the historical bandwidth usage and what my router's recording.

Most egregiously, on February 13.

dd-wrt: 2764MB down, 4088 MB up.
AT&T: 5.13GB down, 5.54 GB up.

I haven't done a full-month add-up, but the individual dates I've been glancing at appear to be showing about a 20% discrepancy in AT&T's favor.

Ahhh! Glad to hear it's not just me!

Could I trouble you to drill into your data both on your dd-wrt & at&t's system? I smell a huge rat, but we'll only unearth it with cold, hard, data.

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable
said by gvd:

Ahhh! Glad to hear it's not just me!

Me, too. See my post in another thread. Let me know if you want more. »Re: [Services] NOT HAPPY with the new DATA CAPS!!

notovny

join:2010-03-08
Toledo, OH
reply to gvd
said by gvd:

Could I trouble you to drill into your data both on your dd-wrt & at&t's system? I smell a huge rat, but we'll only unearth it with cold, hard, data.

There are a couple days in February when I don't have any information from my router (2/2 and 2/16, and I suspect something went wrong on my router on the 9th.)

Assuming 1000 MB/GB, Total UL/DL
My router: 148.76
AT&T:207.2
Discrepancy: 39.7% in AT&T's favor.

Router is a Linksys WRT-54G v8.0 running dd-wrt micro, locked down with WPA2. No torrenting in February, but was in the process of switching my online backups from Mozy to Crashplan for most of the month. Single user on Elite DSL(6.0Mb/768kb), with Desktop, Laptop, & Roku box. Frequent user of Netflix and other streamed services; no cable.

Spreadsheet linked below.
»spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl=e···put=html

gvd

join:2011-01-03
Skokie, IL
reply to ArgMeMatey
said by ArgMeMatey:

Me, too. See my post in another thread. Let me know if you want more. »Re: [Services] NOT HAPPY with the new DATA CAPS!!

Absolutely! If you could update this with more current data (since some time has gone by) that'd be great.