RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1

2 edits

what areas do not yet have D3?

So, I'm curious, what areas do not yet have D3? My county of Mendocino here in NW CA doesn't (I was told by CS online we'll see it sometime this summer, who knows how true that is) and the same goes for Santa Cruz County. Chime in if you are D3less, and if they have given you any sort of date for getting it.

Mod Note: Moving out of the topic with the exactly opposite purpose. ~sorto'

defiant
MVM
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI
kudos:2

As far as I know, no D3 here yet.

Drizew

join:2004-09-17
Los Lunas, NM
reply to RR Conductor

yay cheaper!
As far as I know there is no DOCSIS 3 anywhere in New Mexico. I haven't heard any dates.

We did however see a change in our billing and speed (although we haven't gotten a new config file).

mustang50
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to RR Conductor

Not many here near Detroit have it..(but you knew that..lol)
Last time I asked no one knew when it might drop, but it's been a while since I asked.

I changed the nic card in my PC and got a new IP in a new subnet.
It's been 68.xxx.xxx.xxx forever, at least 7 yrs, many diferent computers.
But now it's 24.23.xxx.xxx . Don't know if thats of any consequence or not.

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink
reply to RR Conductor

Here in Eustis, Florida I have received no communication from Comcast about a D3 upgrade. Eustis is about 20 Miles North, North West of Orlando. The provisioning on my modem changed from 6600 kbps to 8800 kbps several weeks ago. Comcast might be getting ready to roll out D3.

Downstream
Lock Status Operational
Modulation 256QAM
Channel ID 46
Provisioned Rate 8800 kbps
Symbol Rate 5360.537 Ksym/sec
Downstream Power -7.2 dBmV
SNR 36.5 dB

tdk333

join:2011-02-02

thats crazy Mr Matt, i live just north of the villages in summerfield, same with us. you actually live closer to tavares/leesburg though, which im told has docsis 3 already. supposedly this year is going to be a "good year" for customers in our areas..

really its just all fluff and more bullshit from comcast, i pay insane amounts of money for a crap connection from them. hopefully docsis 3 will remedy this

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to RR Conductor

No D3 here in the Waynesboro/Stuarts Draft area. AFAIK no D3 within an hour or so drive from here. No ETA either.
--
»www.TheExoticFish.com

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to Mr Matt

In Dunnelon, Floridia there was no digital cable and I can only assume they are running DOCSIS 1.0 still. I think the max speeds were 3.0 mpbs.
--
PRescott7-2097

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink
reply to tdk333

Did Comcast drop the ball? I provided Comcast with my e-mail address on the D3 availability web page before the end of 2010 requesting to be advised when D3 was available. I have not yet received notice from Comcast. Is it possible that they are withholding notice and advising customers city by city in order to avoid chaos. If to many customers try to upgrade at the same time they may run out of modems or support personnel.

My Linksys BEFCMU10 ver. 4 is behaving like it is connected to a DOCSIS 3.0 System. A contributor to this forum indicated that the DOCSIS 2.0 modem they owned, began changing downstream and upstream channels spontaneously after DOCSIS 3.0 service was announced. Mine started doing so after the provisioning was changed from 6600 kbps to 8800 kbps. I am waiting for an e-mail or insert in my bill to advise that DOCSIS 3.0 is available.

ClockerXP

join:2001-05-24
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to RR Conductor

Not in Sterling Heights, MI yet...that I'm aware of.

MADx

join:2005-05-25
Richmond, IN

Yes you have it! Wait no you don't, sorry it will be available sometime this year (insert year here). That's what Comcast been telling since 2008. Not here yet

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
reply to joako

said by joako:

I can only assume they are running DOCSIS 1.0 still. I think the max speeds were 3.0 mpbs.

It's likely to be 1.1. From what I understand all 1.0 modems are now "end of life".

Jasonfn22

join:2009-11-20
Bethlehem, GA
reply to Mr Matt

I requested an email as well but never relied on it.Its been over a year now since D3 went out here and no email yet lol,just go put your address in for availability and it will tell you what services are available.If they offer extreme then you have it if not its a no go.What gets me is that they have modems out now with 12 bonded downstream channels and 8 upstream so its going to be like the interstates once they are done upgrading they will need to upgrade again.You turn a 2-lane road into a 4-lane,it takes 2 to 4 years and by the time the Hwy is done it needs to be wider.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
reply to RR Conductor

No D3 in Central Va. at all. Very large area..from the blueridge mtn's to Richmond, and equal radius all around.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to RR Conductor

said by RR Conductor:

So, I'm curious, what areas do not yet have D3? My county of Mendocino here in NW CA doesn't (I was told by CS online we'll see it sometime this summer, who knows how true that is) and the same goes for Santa Cruz County. Chime in if you are D3less, and if they have given you any sort of date for getting it.

Mod Note: Moving out of the topic with the exactly opposite purpose. ~sorto'

No D3 here yet in Louisiana. As of 3/20/11, we've only just got 16/2 Blast! after 4 years at 8/2. I definitely like it, but I'd have liked it much better if I got 25/4 instead.

snash22

join:2009-11-22
Lexington, VA
reply to Robotics

No D3 in Lexington VA.

joepwpb
Premium
join:2000-12-15
West Palm Beach, FL
reply to RR Conductor

No in West Palm Beach 33417

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
reply to snash22

said by snash22:

No D3 in Lexington VA.

Starting to look like no where in Va has it (although I think, not sure, Warrenton/Fauquier County does)
--
Long you live and high you fly and Smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

CleanGene
Premium,MVM
join:2008-04-09
Manassas, VA

said by Robotics:

said by snash22:

No D3 in Lexington VA.

Starting to look like no where in Va has it (although I think, not sure, Warrenton/Fauquier County does)

Fauquier does D3, along with all of NoVA - Prince William, Reston, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Loudoun, Alexandria, and Arlington. So does Richmond city, Henrico County, and Chesterfield.

tonix

join:2008-08-10
West Palm Beach, FL
reply to joepwpb

joepwpb are you sure that your area doesn't have docsis 3.0. you live about 10 miles north from my house and i have docsis 3.0. my three aunts 9-15 miles north of my house has docis 3.0. i hope you don't have a dinosaur cable modem

tonix

West Palm Beach, FL
reply to CleanGene

double post

snash22

join:2009-11-22
Lexington, VA
reply to Robotics

I'm in a former Adelphia area. When I do a tracerout it goes through Staunton (not far from the other guy from Waynesboro area.)

About a month ago I was upgraded from 6/1 to 8/2 at no charge (so far).

joepwpb
Premium
West Palm Beach, FL
reply to tonix

said by tonix:

joepwpb are you sure that your area doesn't have docsis 3.0. you live about 10 miles north from my house and i have docsis 3.0. my three aunts 9-15 miles north of my house has docis 3.0. i hope you don't have a dinosaur cable modem

Yes as far as I can determine. Unless there is a concrete way to verify.

Joe P

tonix

West Palm Beach, FL

what kind of modem do you have. i hope you aren't on the economy package.

joepwpb
Premium
West Palm Beach, FL

said by tonix:

what kind of modem do you have. i hope you aren't on the economy package.

No, not on the economy package. I have a SB5100 and my IP address and download speeds have not changed.

Joe P

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ

A 5100 can't reveal multiple channel bonding.

joepwpb
Premium
West Palm Beach, FL

said by EG:

A 5100 can't reveal multiple channel bonding.

I am aware of that. I was expecting a change of IP address or a notice from Comcast but neither happened. The web site to check for D3 availability now only has a video and a telephone number to call. I have yet to call or purchase a D3 modem just to determine if it is available.

Thanks

Joe P

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ

said by joepwpb:

I was expecting a change of IP address or a notice from Comcast but neither happened.

WIW, a change of your WAN (public) IP addy would not necessarily accompany an upgrade to D3 on your system.

joepwpb
Premium
West Palm Beach, FL

said by EG:

said by joepwpb:

I was expecting a change of IP address or a notice from Comcast but neither happened.

WIW, a change of your WAN (public) IP addy would not necessarily accompany an upgrade to D3 on your system.

So, the only way would be to get a confirmation via telephone or purchase a modem and wait for it show channel bonding?

Joe P

EG
The wings of love
Premium
Union, NJ

Or look at your next door neighbors D3 capable modem's stats