1 recommendation

WhyMe420 to Rambo76098

Premium Member

to Rambo76098

Re: Uverse Caps

said by Rambo76098:

said by wings10:

said by Paralel:

the caps were being put on hold for uverse until further notice.

Any other source besides the phone rep? I find you can call 5 reps and get 5 different answers to the same question.

AT&T's "Office of the President" called me and stated that uverse caps were delayed indefinitely. This was in response to the complaint I filed with the FCC about the caps being solely about greed, profits, and protecting their products (uverse TV).

I'm not going to believe this until I see a news article at DSLR stating such. Perhaps you should contact Karl Bode and have him drop AT&T a line.
rmdir
join:2003-03-13
Chicago, IL

rmdir

It would be good to get positive confirmation on this. If not I'm dropping them at the end of the month for comcast. The price of uverse is better, but I don't want to live with the anxiety of caps.

Hookem99
Deep In The Heart
join:2007-07-18
Pflugerville, TX

Hookem99 to WhyMe420

to WhyMe420
said by whyme420:

I'm not going to believe this until I see a news article at DSLR stating such. Perhaps you should contact Karl Bode and have him drop AT&T a line.

Agreed! I emailed a contact at AT&T, but I don't think he is in a position to confirm or deny anything officially. But, still be interested in what he may know.

Rambo76098
join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098 to WhyMe420

to WhyMe420
said by whyme420:

I'll scan in the letter they mailed me tomorrow if I can find it.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium Member
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

wings10 to WhyMe420

Premium Member

to WhyMe420
said by whyme420:

I agree. BBR reported the ATT imposed caps first here. I would imagine they would know if there was any merit to these new reports.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to Rambo76098

Premium Member

to Rambo76098
said by Rambo76098:

said by whyme420:

I'll scan in the letter they mailed me tomorrow if I can find it.

How are you doing on this?

Rambo76098
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098

I've been riding my motorcycle to work this week (gas is so dang expensive), no good place to keep papers. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'll be driving. Expect it tomorrow.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium Member
South Elgin, IL

wings10

Premium Member

said by Rambo76098:

I've been riding my motorcycle to work this week (gas is so dang expensive),

Filled up this evening $4.18 a gallon.

A bike sounds like a great idea.

Rambo76098
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098 to maartena

to maartena
Shazam! Not quite as definite that they are delayed as I'd like, especially since there's no implementation date, but closest thing we are gonna get from AT&T.

said by wings10:
A bike sounds like a great idea.

Got my 86 Honda Nighthawk S (700CC) for $850! Given I should have paid $1250 for it, but helped the guy change the forks so I could test drive it, he was surprised a complete stranger would do that, so he gave it to me for the price the dealer was going to give him as trade in. 45mpg is much nicer than 25!
BeefJerky9
join:2005-05-28
Spring, TX

BeefJerky9

The PDF won't open for me in FoxIt. Does anyone else have this issue?

Rambo76098
Columbus, OH

Rambo76098

I used Adobe Pro to redact some stuff, foxit may not like that. It opens with reader in IE for me OK.
BeefJerky9
Spring, TX

BeefJerky9

Is it possible for you to post it in something more standard (i.e. PNG file)? I have absolutely no intention of installing Adobe Reader on my computer.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium Member
South Elgin, IL

wings10 to Rambo76098

Premium Member

to Rambo76098
Thanks for posting. Opened for me in IE. Seems a bit of a run around? No overage charges at this time? Well that can mean the grace period we have where we can go over 2 months before being charged?

They did not really say they canceled the idea of a cap. Just that it may or would not be ready by May 2nd. Maybe it would be ready by June?

So does this mean the complaint you filed is closed?

And 45mpg does sound a lot better.

parkut
Crunch Addict
MVM
join:2001-12-15
Clinton Township, MI

2 edits

parkut to BeefJerky9

MVM

to BeefJerky9

page2
Created fresh Virtual Machine, XP3 with all patches, No acrobat products. Installed fresh download of Foxit. Unable to open PDF with IE8 and Foxit.

Downloaded on different desktop with Firefox and Acrobat Pro, saved file and was able to open the saved file with Foxit.

(edit to include 2nd page)

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium Member
South Elgin, IL

wings10

Premium Member

You need to included the second letter.
BeefJerky9
Spring, TX

BeefJerky9 to parkut

to parkut
Thanks for posting that! As others have mentioned it is still very vague, and clearly leaves them open to adding the caps whenever they please. It is clear that its primary purpose was to close the case without actually providing a resolution.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium Member
South Elgin, IL

wings10

Premium Member

said by BeefJerky9:

Thanks for posting that! As others have mentioned it is still very vague, and clearly leaves them open to adding the caps whenever they please. It is clear that its primary purpose was to close the case without actually providing a resolution.

So for us, (U-verse) we won't see caps going into effect by May 2nd? Or just it is in effect but like they said not to worry we will not be charged any overage at this point? Or until they get the meter up and running?

maxieh
@205.172.134.x

maxieh

Anon

"at this time" (from the letter)

that != on May 2nd
quantumred
join:2010-01-05
East Lyme, CT

quantumred

The wording of that letter basically means nothing at all. "not subject to usage overage charges at this time."

So they can implement them later, like tomorrow, and the wording of that letter would still be accurate.
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420 to maxieh

Premium Member

to maxieh
All that "at this time" means is that nobody will be charged overages at this time. Well DUH!!! They will give you 2 months worth of warnings before they charge you overages. We already knew that!

I am not convinced of anything with this letter.