uniqs

hurleyp
join:2000-06-20
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

hurleyp to justin

to justin

Re: site user password intrusion info

Password notification received, and password changed. I would like to see just what format of passwords DSLR accepts. I use a password store that lets me use very long and very secure passwords that I do not have to commit to memory. Will the DSLR system accept passwords that are 64 characters long comprised of mixed case/digits/special characters? Or is there a limit of, say, 8 characters with no special characters? I've seen sites that will seemly accept a long password via paste, but quietly truncate the entry at the text box.

I want to create as ugly a password as possible.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

bjf123

Premium Member

said by hurleyp:

Password notification received, and password changed. I would like to see just what format of passwords DSLR accepts. I use a password store that lets me use very long and very secure passwords that I do not have to commit to memory. Will the DSLR system accept passwords that are 64 characters long comprised of mixed case/digits/special characters? Or is there a limit of, say, 8 characters with no special characters? I've seen sites that will seemly accept a long password via paste, but quietly truncate the entry at the text box.

I want to create as ugly a password as possible.

I'd be curious about this, too. I got the e-mail from Justin this morning and quickly changed my password, though it's in the same general format I use with a lot of sites. I recently started using Lastpass (www.lastpass.com) to manage my passwords. Since it can generate long, complex, passwords and then auto fill them, I'm thinking of changing all my online passwords to something unique for every site.