how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

User824

@scaled.com

1 edit

[DSL] Internet down since 4/15

4/29/11 Still no internet. new modem (actiontech) no router. DSL light steady. Internet light dark. Went through the book with the tech made sure it was configured for PPPoe got to the end of the book and still no internet.

Background,

1.) Internet went out Friday 4/15/11
2.) Called tech support and was told I needed a new modem.
3.) 4/16/11 drove 82 miles round trip to buy new modem (actiontech)
4.) Auto find modem couldn't find ISP.
5.) Called tech support was told there is a problem with the 661 area code.
6.) 14 days later DSLE website says that the system has been repaired. Tech support recording says it isn't.
7.) Used auto find feature of the new modem. It found something as it asked for my user name and password. Yes, i have the correct user name and password - confirmed later by tech support.
8.) Got with tech support again and went through the book and when we got to the end of the book I have a solid DSL light but no internet. The tech gave me a trouble code #, said someone would get in touch with me.
9.) Does that mean I have to wait two more weeks?
10.) I am computer and internet illiterate. I connect via a PC laptop and a modem.
11.) I like the service so much I upgraded and now 2 months later I don't have the internet.
12.) I would appreciate and be grateful for any help I can get

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17

Re: [DSL] Any word on the Bakersfield outage?

Hi User824 -

Feel free to send me a PM with your account information. I would be happy to take a look to ensure that your order is complete.

Thanks

User824

@scaled.com
Thank you for the prompt response.

As I said in my previous post I am tech illiterate and it isn't obvious to me on how to send you a PM.

det427
Premium
join:2004-01-31
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

1 recommendation

reply to User824

Re: [DSL] Internet down since 4/15

You need to register first; it's free:
»/prof/new

Then just click his name or this link:
»/profile/742598

Type your information in the yellow box.
Then click the send button.

User824

@scaled.com
Thank you very much. I signed up yesterday but can't find any way to log in to this forum. Or is it that obvious?

User328

@scaled.com

1 edit
reply to dslx_gm

Re: [DSL] Any word on the Bakersfield outage?

Dslx-gm,

I am not smart enough to figure out how to send a pm. However my repair ticket from the DSLE tech center is;

[Removed]

I hope this helps you and in turn hope it helps me.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

mhvbob/User328

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17
Thanks for the account info. I am showing the modem is in sync and the DSL service has been restored. You will just need to make the PPPoE connection to get online and you should be good to go. I have asked one of our technicians to give you a call to assist.

Thanks

mhvbob

join:2011-04-27
reply to User824

Re: [DSL] Internet down since 4/15

Well....

I suddenly became smart enough. Thanks anyway.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18
reply to User824

(topic move) [DSL] Internet down since 4/15 - beaslenut23

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 1 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[DSL] Internet down since 4/15 - beaslenut23