|reply to vaxvms |
Re: [MA] For those who grew up in MASSACHUSETTS
Not only for those born in MA.
1. I know candlepin bowling
2. We had a rotary in my home town - I can't remember if it's still there though.
3. I know what regular coffee is
4. I still pronouce words that end with "er" or "ar" without the "r" after being gone for eons
5. Me knows what iced coffee is. How about coffee milk?
6. We use to drive to Maine for Sunday dinner
7. Me knows frappe. You know cabinet?
8. You are in trouble for #29. My hometown is in the corner between MA and RI.
9. Rocky Point, RI was the best for rides and clamcakes while I was growing up.
10. I also know Grants, Zayres and Ann & Hope
TH ~ NE ~ EPN ~ NC ~ TD
West Hartford, CT
The northeast, southeast, and northwest corners of CT are definitely New England. The rest of CT might as well be Jersey or Westchester.
Still recovering from rolling on the floor laughing at #2, 5, and 83. Sad, but true.
Yes, they had candlepin bowling on TV every weekend.
'78 was the umpires' fault. '86 was [he who must not be named; played first base]'s fault. There was no curse. The only baseball team I've ever seen that was obviously cursed were the 2003 Cubs.
I still think they should take 'Constitution State' off CT plates and replace it with 'If you can read this, you're too close!'.
I grew up in NJ and CT, but the family lived in MA for over 300 years before that [and CT for 15 years before that; you'd think we would have learned our lesson the first time ].