[DVR] Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed

And here it is, in all its glory:

»www.engadget.com/2011/05 ··· s_thread

Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

Re: Spectrum Quad Tuner DVR revealed

Thanks for the link. So how much longer are we going to have to wait?

Ultibeam
join:2008-05-27
USA

Ultibeam

Might not be much longer. I estimate summer because it looks well into third party testing with the apps. Thank heavens if this new guide can get pushed down to non DVRs or with new hardware.
ComcastTech
join:2008-05-31

ComcastTech to cypherstream

to cypherstream
most of our new dvrs come in the june-july timeframe. who knows with this though, since its re-done from the ground up....finally. I read this on engadget earlier. soooo excited if it happens.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to cypherstream

to cypherstream
will this work in MRV to give you 4 tuners for MRV?
Joe12345678

to cypherstream
they say Imagine 9 different football games on
comcast does not have NFL ST.
lynxexp
join:2010-08-17

lynxexp to cypherstream

to cypherstream
It will be available in the rest of Georgia soon. It will be slowly rolling out to other Moto markets...

No SA markets at this time due to the tru2way guide that is in trials and launching this year in SA markets.
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

1 recommendation

The Q to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678
said by Joe12345678:

There can certainly be over 9 college football games available at one time...
Joe12345678
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

in SD on ESPN game plan compressed to like 15 Sd channels on 1 QAM.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to lynxexp

MVM

to lynxexp
said by lynxexp:

It will be available in the rest of Georgia soon. It will be slowly rolling out to other Moto markets...

No SA markets at this time due to the tru2way guide that is in trials and launching this year in SA markets.

Well if a whole state is about to have it, hopefully SOMEONE with a decent camera can get us better pictures.

Also, I'm surprised they are working on multiple guides (SA Tru2Way vs Spectrum vs A30). I thought the whole issue was consistency for support reasons... (hence porting A25 to SA platform).
Joe12345678
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to lynxexp

to lynxexp
said by lynxexp:

what will the cost be?

Will it work for MRV? 4 tuners only on 1 tv with needing to use 2 tunner box for MRV.

HDD size 500GB-1TB needs to be there for 4 tuners to have the room. Also Will it have E-sata.

Will you pay more for all the TV apps stuff? just to get the better guide / more tuners then the other cable boxes.

How fast will a roll out take seeing how long the dta roll took.

But comcast needs to think about getting rid of the old mpeg2 HD boxes and this can help.

Will there be a non DRV box with this GUI?

Will you be able to keep one if it fails or will it get swapped with any DRV and be in the system as one.

Will you need to buy comcast HSI to be able to use this?
lynxexp
join:2010-08-17

lynxexp to cypherstream

to cypherstream
said by cypherstream:

said by lynxexp:

Well if a whole state is about to have it, hopefully SOMEONE with a decent camera can get us better pictures.

Also, I'm surprised they are working on multiple guides (SA Tru2Way vs Spectrum vs A30). I thought the whole issue was consistency for support reasons... (hence porting A25 to SA platform).

Well the tru2way guide for SA is also for MOTO. It's just rolling out to SA first. Spectrum is for this new hardware/internet platform, and there will always be a need for legacy guides because of older hardware hence A or S guides.

LeftOfSanity
People Suck.
join:2005-11-06
Dover, DE

LeftOfSanity to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678
said by Joe12345678:

What is NFL ST.??

BigBearsFan
join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan

NFL Sunday Ticket

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream
Looks nice....
baineschile

baineschile to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream

AS Files 2 was a classic
I wonder what channel he chose after taking this picture.....hmm
Joe12345678
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

Why is cinemax next to USA and SYFY?
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream
I'll expect to see it sometime in 2021.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to Joe12345678

MVM

to Joe12345678
said by Joe12345678:

Why is cinemax next to USA and SYFY?

That's in an area that didn't get rid of the old duplicate HD lineups. Most places started their HD in weird spots, and it wasn't until too recently where they sunsetted the old spots in the 200's (or wherever) to standardize them in the 800's (or 1000's depending on area).

They did that all the time in the 80's and 90's. Many trapped premiums were in the channel 14-21 range because they were common and easy frequencies to trap out and so you could of had like USA next to Cinemax there as well... but it didn't matter as much because there weren't on screen program guides.
stoli412
join:2003-02-12
SK3 9JR

stoli412

said by cypherstream:

That's in an area that didn't get rid of the old duplicate HD lineups. Most places started their HD in weird spots, and it wasn't until too recently where they sunsetted the old spots in the 200's (or wherever) to standardize them in the 800's (or 1000's depending on area).

In Philadelphia we have HDs in the 200s, 800s, and 1000s, and it's super annoying. Especially when trying to set up favorites lists on the iPad because it picks up all instances of the same channel.
Joe12345678
Des Plaines, IL

to cypherstream
The odd thing is they can put GAME HD / GAME 2 HD and team HD right next to the game SD and team SD channels and iN DEMAND PPV HD is near iN DEMAND PPV SD.

But OTA HD and HBO HD, SHOW HD, MAX HD, Stars HD, and movie channel is all mixed up with other HD mixed and in the past OTA SD sub channels all mixed in upper 100's to lower 300's.

With some of old analog channels moved to digital a long long time ago in the 100's. Other Sd channels are also in the same range. At least the OTA SD has moved to upper 300's.

Comcast Chicago land is a big mess.

but that not as bad as comcast used to be in other areas.

»consumerist.com/2009/06/ ··· ore.html
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to stoli412

Premium Member

to stoli412
Our channels are 191-240. What's really annoying is that the premiums are stuck between the expanded basic and local channels.
chadb97
join:2009-07-14
Osceola, IN

chadb97

Does anybody know if this new guide could possibly be pushed to Motorola DVR's already in use?

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream
This may make me get rid of Tivo, especially when it can record four streams. I don't often have programs that interlap but it does happen. Big question is the season pass functionality and frankly I'll be happy if it can record 2 streams while I watch a 3rd program... and of course price per month.
jaw2012
join:2008-08-01
King Of Prussia, PA

jaw2012 to cypherstream

to cypherstream
said by cypherstream:

said by lynxexp:

When you refer to SA Tru2way, are you referring to that sexy Tru2way guide codenamed "Barcelona" that ran on a PC & Samsung TV a few years back at CES? Loved that guide....

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

Update!

»www.engadget.com/2011/05 ··· calibur/

Comcast Guy
join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678
said by Joe12345678:

In my area, all of these channels show college games during Saturday afternoons. All are HD:

ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Big Ten Net, CSN, CBSCS, ROOT, Versus, MASN
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q

said by Comcast Guy:

said by Joe12345678:

In my area, all of these channels show college games during Saturday afternoons. All are HD:

ABC, NBC, CBS, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Big Ten Net, CSN, CBSCS, ROOT, Versus, MASN

and Fox College Sports Atlantic, Central and Pacific (but only in SD)!

psujim
join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA

psujim to cypherstream

to cypherstream
Sharp looking guide.

So is the Xcalibur guide going to be pushed out to all current DVRs or are you going to need the new DVR to access it?? Hard to believe they would run separate guides in the same market for DVRs.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

From what I've heard, the older DCT64xx/32xx and possibly DCH don't really have great graphics engines. They don't actually support widescreen, but can 'stretch' their graphics to be wide.