spc
uniqs
DannyCalgary
join:2011-01-19
Calgary, AB

DannyCalgary to noUBB

to noUBB

Re: New Prices, New Bundles, Unlimited Bandwidth

That is still in a way UBB. Just because its not a $/GB thing, doesn't mean you aren't being charged based on usage. If you go over during the month, they will put you to the next package sure, but you will pay for it, therefore you are being billed for going over on your usage.

noUBB
@shawcable.net

noUBB

Anon

I don't agree. UBB implies that you pay more per GB as you use more at the same speed.

The new Shaw packages will automatically upgrade you to the next higher package - including the higher speed and the larger cap - for the remainder of the month. There is no "per GB charge". There is simply an upgrade. I prefer that to downgrading my speed if I go over.

Besides, for the big users there are UNLIMITED packages with no limit.

I don't consider it UBB.

pcguy
join:1999-10-15
Winnipeg, MB

pcguy to DannyCalgary

to DannyCalgary
said by DannyCalgary:

If you go over during the month, they will put you to the next package sure, but you will pay for it, therefore you are being billed for going over on your usage.

Right but if you go over the plan's cap on the 15th of the month and your billing period ends on the 22nd then you would be billed for 7 days at the next plan's rate, UNLESS you mange in 7 days to exceed it's cap as well.
beachside
join:2009-06-28

beachside to noUBB

to noUBB
said by noUBB :

I don't agree. UBB implies that you pay more per GB as you use more at the same speed.

The new Shaw packages will automatically upgrade you to the next higher package - including the higher speed and the larger cap - for the remainder of the month. There is no "per GB charge". There is simply an upgrade. I prefer that to downgrading my speed if I go over.

I don't consider it UBB.

You may not consider it UBB, but it is. Its just a different way of implementing as compared to the more basic strict metering approach.

You're still paying based on usage, ie, usage based billing

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76

said by beachside:

said by noUBB :

I don't consider it UBB.

You may not consider it UBB, but it is. Its just a different way of implementing as compared to the more basic strict metering approach.

You're still paying based on usage, ie, usage based billing

Oh please..............then all the OLD plans and packages we had were UBB and we really had nothing to complain about with your way of thinking.
jaig58
join:2011-06-19
New Westminster, BC

jaig58 to noUBB

to noUBB
UBB , no UBB, Doesn't Matter @noUBB and @DannyCalgary

Same outcome, You Use More -> You PAY More !!!! Sounds good to me.
I'm not a high user, but people paying the same as me, $39 /Month for High Speed internet, downloading 300-600 GB was crap. Now they're at least paying $10-$70 More Than Me, to Shaw each Month, hopefully causing Shaw not to increase the price of My internet too much in the next couple years.
treebeard4
join:2011-04-18

treebeard4

FYI Jaig58
It only costs an isp pennies per GB for each user. Making the high users pay more doesn't make them use less or magically make your node less congested.

someshawguy
@shawcable.net

someshawguy to jaig58

Anon

to jaig58
said by jaig58:

hopefully causing Shaw not to increase the price of My internet too much in the next couple years.

This is perhaps the most dumbest post I've ever read.

tanker
@telus.net

tanker

Anon

Jaig, I am paying 10$ extra per month for double the speed of my internet, not for the stupid 400GB monthly limit. When i want to downlaod things i want them faster. I've just checked my monthly caps and i average around 100GB per month for the last 5 months, why would i want to go to BB50 for the monthly cap ?