spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mo mccoy

@comcast.net

Interruption of Casey Anthony Trial

Comcast Newsmakers with Jill Horner is very annoying during the Casey Anthony Trial. It just breaks in while you are in the middle of watching the trial. Frustrating! When witnesses take the stand, I would like to be able to watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anything be done???

co

@comcast.net

I was watching the same thing yesterday, why do they interrupt shows in progress?

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to mo mccoy

no clue what your talking about, but some courts dont let live testimony air on tv.....which could be why it breaks when someone takes the stand...
--
I'm better than you!

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

It IS, in fact, CC breaking in on it - as do some other cable co, unfortunately!

HLN offers a "local news" drop-in segment for any provider to utilize (similar to a local channel insert) - which preempts a full segment of HLN. In some markets, the local cable provider partners with a local news station to provide the programming - In Las Vegas, Cox cable does this with one of the local network affiliates.

Unfortunately, CC has chosen to drop in their hokey "Newsmakers" segment, such as the likes of "Seeking Solutions with Suzanne", who looks like she's one breath away from a heart attack!
In our area, they did switch to a local "newsmakers" version of this, which actually originates over 80 miles away in Champaign-Urbana, with topics pertinent to THEIR area - which is TOTALLY irrelevant to Springfield/Decatur!

said by mo mccoy :

Can anything be done???

Yes, switch to satellite or another (telco) provider that does NOT do this.
Or, complain a LOT to CC, but don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen...

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to mo mccoy

I watch it on court tv because there are less interruptions for commercials

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

said by mikedz4:

I watch it on court tv because there are less interruptions for commercials

If court tv is Tru TV then comcast does that constantly out here in Virginia. Enough that I have blocked that channel due to so many interruptions.

I haven't seen court tv for who knows how long....didn't they change their name (and format) to tru tv??

If not Im confused as hell.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

dot_null
Premium
join:2004-06-28
Kennesaw, GA

said by Robotics See Profile
If court tv is Tru TV then comcast does that constantly out here in Virginia. Enough that I have blocked that channel due to so many interruptions.

I haven't seen court tv for who knows how long....didn't they change their name (and format) to tru tv??

If not Im confused as hell.

You are correct, CourtTV rebranded to TruTV a while back.

If any of you have the HD versions of TruTV or HLN, try watching those. Comcast, at least here, doesn't interject any local news updates on the HD channels.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
Louisa, VA

OK thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have either in HD yet

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

Ttutv does break in for commercials but it breaks the monotony a bit

panth1
The Coyote

join:2000-12-11
Boca Raton, FL
reply to mo mccoy

Local commercials and news segments can be inserted by the cable company during times the channel permits. Most are triggered by a 'cue' from the channel at the beginning of a commercial.

The channel may still be sending the cue and didn't turn it off for the longer programming or your local cable company has set the news segment to play at the same time every day.

Only thing you can do is call Comcast and complain about it or find contact info for the channel and see if they respond.

fawnie

@ncnetwork.net
reply to mo mccoy

If Cox is going to have the trial on the air, then a re-adjustment needs to be made in regards to the interupted mini news feeds they have. They can easily have their talking stuff during the recesses. It is rude to just switch to an advertisement without giving the audience (which we are) an upfront. WHile I appreciate the fact that the trial is on, it is very frustrating for all of the interruptions especially during the most important parts of the witnesses. Get it together.

lynxexp

join:2010-08-17
kudos:1
reply to mo mccoy

Complain to HLN. They are the ones that allow it.

mjw703

join:2005-02-24
Arlington, VA
reply to mo mccoy

Just turned on HLN and saw "Seeking Solutions with Suzanne," a senior citizens health segment with an 89-year-old Suzanne Roberts (is she the mom of Comcast's CEO?) from 2005. I stopped watching HLN a long time ago since our newsmaker segments would highlight events from six months ago or have information on how to adopt puppies in Bristol, Va. which is six hours from here, but to run a segment that six years old is just bizarre.

Bob W

@verizon.net
reply to mo mccoy

Please Please get Jill Horner off the air. She's boring, dull, bland, and has no talent. She keeps breaking into HLN right when you get interested in what your watching. I'm paying for cable and have to listen to commercial after commercial but she's too much.

phillywatche

@verizon.net
reply to mo mccoy

I really want to follow this trial but if I see Jill Horner one more time I'm going to lose it! It's the same thing over and over again, and it's absolutely of no interest. She seems like a nice lady. Give her a one hour show LATE and let her go on and on. I've tried Tru Tv but the trial wasn't on there in Philly. Please Jill take a vacation!!

eidamom

@comcast.net
reply to co

wow! does comcast care what we think? I have been so frustrated with the constant interruptions everytime something starts to happen with testimony, then they come back and the lawyers go to sidebar. then the lawyers start to question someone again and comcast goes to one of these "Newsmaker" things that are repeated over and over again. I'm willing to bet that anyone who is tuning in to this channel is not interested in seeing this at this time and will NEVER tune in to this channel again when the darn case is over!!!!

sickofit

@comcast.net

It makes me switch off every single time they show up every half an hour with their guests. If they didn't do so much I may have listened. Now I watch only from computer because they are not considering their customer's requests to show this trial without the overly massive break-ins!
It's disrespectful and rude. They need to take customer complaints seriously.

Totallyagree

@comcast.net
reply to eidamom

You are so right!!! -I will not watch HLN even after trial. It's toooooo annoying!

watchhere

@comcast.net

»www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html in Chrome --very, very few interruptions. And when they do interrupt, it's a matter of seconds. Active blog too.
»www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

No more annoying Comcast!

Expand your moderator at work

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
Louisa, VA
reply to mo mccoy

Re: Interruption of Casey Anthony Trial

This one is also good:
»www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Casey···on=story

Has a chat room also but the feed you cant beat. Also shows Casey in bottom left corner the whole time...which I like a lot. Need to see her reactions ya know.
--

rockingham

@comcast.net
reply to phillywatche

what channel is the trail on? I can't find it

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
Louisa, VA

said by rockingham :

what channel is the trail on? I can't find it

CNN's sister channel HLN (Head Line News) but with lots of commercial interuptions.
Also on Tru TV (ex Court TV)
--

Newsjunkie21
CM Punk-WWE Superstar of 2011

join:2011-04-19
Brick, NJ

I don't watch much of HLN anymore due to the format change, but I remember always hating those cut-ins. Everytime "Comcast Newsmakers" or "Seeking Solutions w/ Suzanne" would come on I would reach for the remote. Now they seem even more out of place, with the HLN schedule being dominated by talk shows, crime documentaries and other stuff that appeals to their demographic. Hopefully, the cut-ins will end soon, although I doubt it.

heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to mo mccoy

I remember someone here saying that somewhere in the 800 or 900 channel range, there's a channel that shows HLN without the Newsmakers thing.
--
Bit Torrent is my DVR.

heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL

said by heat84:

I remember someone here saying that somewhere in the 800 or 900 channel range, there's a channel that shows HLN without the Newsmakers thing.

Ok, had to wait for Newsmakers to come on to make sure it would work. Here's how it is. If you go to the News Central channel (961 here), and highlight HLN, you can watch HLN without the newsmakers. But you can't watch it in full screen. Just highlight the box showing HLN and the sound from that channel will come on. Do Not select it or else you'll go to the HLN channel. Once Newsmakers is over you can go back to the HLN channel. Its only a work around, but its better than nothing.
--
Bit Torrent is my DVR.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

for those that have the comcast central channels.

barb

@comcast.net
reply to heat84

Thanks for the info. on how to avoid the Newsmakers interruption on HLN. I just e-mailed comcast to complain about this and let's see if they offer the same suggestion. In Pacific time it is even more annoying. Court t.v. is shown on Eastern time so it is a 3 hour delay and HLN (with all the Newsmaker interruptions) is shown in Pacific time so, if you switch back and forth, you are watching the proceedings 3 hours apart. Plus, Court T.V. doesn't start until about 10:00 Pacific time so you've already lost 4 hours of procedings. With all the interest in this case, you'd think Comcast would wake up. My daughter has Frontier and they show all the proceedings live.

gtrman

@comcast.net
reply to mjw703

I agree most of the on air personnalities on this network are highly annoying. Whom ever is doing the hiring for these positions? Should be fired.... And your right, that Susanne segment is what tv must be like in Hell!!! If I want to watch something that old I'll watch the thriller video...

shoogal42

join:2011-06-24
Brick, NJ
reply to phillywatche

I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I understand that some people are interested in the local "newsmakers"; however, when those 5-7 minute interviews interrupts shows drives me nuts. I invest time watching a program and then I wind up missing the most important part at the end, due to this interruption. I really wish they would find another time to run these interviews. Please give Newsmakers a half h our program to cover all of this material because it is annoying to play it every half hour for 5-7 minutes.