Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139
reply to MyDogHsFleas

Re: thank god I dont live in NC

said by MyDogHsFleas:

said by davoice:

Here's the bill as enacted if anyone wants to reads it:
»www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/20···9v7.html

I live here and I opposed the bill vociferously. But the only 3 real problems I had w/ the law: (... snip...)

Because I think Karl's real motive is to turn over all broadband services to the government, come hell or high water, and have us all pay for them with taxes. Giving governments unfair advantages vs. private providers, and regulating broadband providers, are just steps in that direction.

Ding ding ding ding....we have a winner!! Somebody who finally gets Karl's (and Dampier's aka "Stop the Cap) motives. It's so refreshing when people finally see the light. Gives me hope for the future.
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

I am not saying it could not work but I am very skeptical. My motto is, corporations suck but government sucks worse.

I always think about my consistently bad customer experiences and they are the post office, and the DMV, and the tax offices. Luckily I've had very few examples of working with the justice system but I think it's equally bad.

And I see what medical and nursing facilities have to go through with medicare and Medicaid and it's also just consistently awful.

Sure there are individual horror stories about bad customer service with corporations. But government services are ROUTINELY awful. And routinely ridiculously expensive on a per customer basis compared to what private industry does, which shows up in my tax bills.

It's clear when you deal with individual customer reps from the government that they really don't care. The few that do are motivated by something other than their job description and evaluation criteria.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

reply to BHNtechXpert

And, what really gets me is the hidden motives that the "give it to the government" advocates have. To me it's so transparent.

I know an activist teacher who proudly showed off a T-shirt that said "Those who can, teach. Those who can't, pass laws about teaching."

To me this is the height of arrogance. They've really forgotten who their customer is. They think it's all about them. Typical government monopoly attitude.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you...there are still some of us out there who refuse to drink the koolaid.