Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jig

join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA
reply to dogma

Re: 405 Freeway Closure

traditionally, women were whores if they wore red after 10pm, and anyone thinking the earth was flat was burned at the stake.

hinted-at nostalgia for unhelpful notions is extremely, detrimentally conservative. NV has had a very dramatic effect on you, dog.
--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

dogma
XYZ
Premium
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Must be the heat out here. Or perhaps I'm gettin' old? And us old geezers like to pontificate on how it was when we were young (and more alive):

"See all those buildings over there? Back in my day, them's was bean fields. And that new housing development, wasn't nothin' there but a big open sand lot we used to play baseball on... kids now-a-days don't know nuthin 'bout actually playin' baseball...with all their computer games and what not. Back in my day, we would risk getting a spanking if we weren't back home by the time the street lights came on, now-a-days, ya gotta threaten your kids with a spanking just to get the little bastards outta the house!"

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
Where I grew up, they're still bean fields.

jig

join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA
reply to dogma
there's nothing unhelpful about bean fields?

strike that. there's nothing unhelpful about notions of bean fields. much better.
--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.