share rss forum feed

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1

2 edits

Signals decline with loss of upstream bonding

Click for full size
yuck
My signals took a measurable dump when my upstream bonding went away. My upstream power went up by about 3db, and my downstream snr and power went down by about 2db. It's midnight and I am on the cusp of being in the danger zone. It still holds on even in the middle of the day; must not be by much.

-----------------
Mod Note: See previous post ---> »Clovis, CA

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5

Re: Evidence of Upstream Channel Bonding - Post Here

My upstream power went up as well and my upload speed dropped below what I used to get. I'm annoyed.

quesix

join:2005-12-19
Cary, IL
reply to Oedipus

Re: Signals decline with loss of upstream bonding

dang what is up with Comcast? upstream channel bonding was only thing holding my connection together. now it's gonna drop out on regular basis. not like they will replace bad lines in neighborhood cause no one else is complaining (they claim anyway).

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

if you complain, then they will....gotta start somewhere....
--
I'm better than you!

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to Oedipus

bonding has nothing to do with your levels changing.....temp, routine maintenance, faulty wiring, etc....they make levels change
--
I'm better than you!

Badonkadonk
Premium
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Dish Network

Maybe not, but something changed. At least for me, for two years my upstream Power level hadn't changed and now it's been about 1 dBmV higher consistently since this whole upstream bonding business.

The temperature has been hot, but it was this hot several weeks ago prior to the upstream bonding and my signal levels were unchanged from initial levels.

said by Oedipus:

My signals took a measurable dump when my upstream bonding went away. My upstream power went up by about 3db, and my downstream snr and power went down by about 2db. It's midnight and I am on the cusp of being in the danger zone. It still holds on even in the middle of the day; must not be by much.

-----------------
Mod Note: See previous post ---> »Clovis, CA

My upstream is 58.2 and the signal's been rock steady. Used to be upper 56. I'd take 52 any day.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to Oedipus

Anyone have previous info on what frequency they were on before? Wonder if in the process of testing the bonding they aren't changing your frequency and that is where the issue is.

Badonkadonk
Premium
Naperville, IL

My DPC3000 doesn't show that information unfortunately.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

My thought was that if the freq changed, they might not be setup correctly for their power.

Badonkadonk
Premium
Naperville, IL

Yep, makes sense. I was just looking at that in the Comcast FAQ, which is why I just went back and checked my modem stats page.

JigglyWiggly

join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA
reply to Oedipus

You really should like get rid of splitters if you have any or call in, your signals are pretty terrible.