spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dethtoll
join:2011-07-20
Cincinnati, OH

dethtoll

I'm done with this, but where do I go?

I've just about had it with these fools. My internet has been steadily going in the toilet since October 2010. I used to get 3mb/s then I had major, frequent disconnects. They sent a guy out who expressed shock that I was getting that much (don't they advertise 5mb/s?), and he reduced me to 2mb/s. In recent months it's been getting worse- I was lucky if I got 170mb/s or so, and it would sink to about 40 until I rebooted the modem. The disconnects are frequent, we replaced the modem to no avail (and the new modem takes FOREVERRRR to boot up, and half the time it won't even train unless I reboot the PC!) and my internet speeds are at about 80 because the nice Indian lady on the other end with an incomprehensible accent read through a script and suggested my browser cache was to blame (what?) and eventually just put it at 80 and told me to call back the next day, and took personal offense to my suggesting I might switch to another company.

That still doesn't stop my connection from dropping repeatedly- I counted about 8 times between yesterday and right now, and that's just the ones I know about. Woke up earlier today to find out my internet's been gone for a good half hour; had to reboot the whole PC.

So, you know what? Screw Cincinnati Bell. They can't fix their own problems and are still charging me the same amount of money. I want to switch to someone else- any suggestions?

CincyBell
@cinbell.com

CincyBell

Anon

Hi dethtoll,

My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Internet. We'd be happy to look into it for you and have someone reach out to you to resolve this issue. Please email me at cincinnati.bell@fuse.net

Thanks,

Katie
Cincinnati Bell

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to dethtoll

Premium Member

to dethtoll
Your options are limited. My guess depending on your location, the local cable company maybe your only choice. Unfortunately most people tv and broadband options are limited to about 2 companies (not counting satellite) if you are lucky you might get 3 or 4.
dcurrey

1 edit

dcurrey to CincyBell

Premium Member

to CincyBell
said by CincyBell :

My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell.
.....snip....

Thanks,

Katie
Cincinnati Bell

Hi Katie feel free to register here. Its free! Any official or unofficial support it better than none.