Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rahvin112

join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT
reply to zefie

Re: Simple solution

Firefox 5 invalidated a certain SSL certificate provider that is known to issue certificates without validating domain ownership. That's likely the issue here as my own certificate was bitten by this. The issuer in question is the lowest price issuer of SSL certificates (probably because they don't do any validation). You can issue individual exceptions for these certificates but I would verify that the certificate in question is for the actual site (verify the IP and DNS records) before doing so.

zefie

join:2007-07-18
Hudson, NY
Or maybe Verizon was doing something shady.. because oddly after reading your post I re-enabled this site in the extension, ready to manually except it, but to my surprise, it is not throwing the error anymore. Hmm.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
said by zefie:

Or maybe Verizon was doing something shady.. because oddly after reading your post I re-enabled this site in the extension, ready to manually except it, but to my surprise, it is not throwing the error anymore. Hmm.

I get random cert errors from this site when I log in from different devices. Seems to be browser based.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to rahvin112
What certain SSL provider?
--
PRescott7-2097