Gemologist
Premium Member
join:2001-11-15
USA

Gemologist to Pichin

Premium Member

to Pichin

Re: [No Edit] Cell Phone Pictures?!

Very nice shot! Camera360 is a decent piece of software! I've been playing with LittlePhoto and Vignette here lately. I am really liking Vignette, but its controls took a bit of getting used to compared to others, lol.

I also got one of those $10 wide angle/macro lenses for mine as well and even the wide angle seems to help picture quality vs. harm it. Sadly, I had forgot it on this trip, lol.

Ever use PicSayPro? I've been messing with it as well. Some of the features are really nice, but quite a few are a bit overboard! I really wish there was a full size image editing software available, but I have not found any.

I've truly been more and more impressed with the newer cellphone cameras! Their color reproduction is even truer then some dSLRs I've used! They are starting to easily be able to replace a basic pocket P&S! I typically don't even carry my pocket camera any longer, just the cellphone and the extra lens on my keychain.

Pichin
join:2001-07-01
Oviedo, FL

Pichin

There are three apps that I have on all three of my devices, Retro Camera Pro, PicSayPro and Camera360 Ultimate, they are used on my Galaxy tab, on my Kyocera Echo and my Nexus S, also have Vigenette and Camera ZOOM FX which I barely ever install or use since I find it more useful to just create a shortcut for the setting that I use the most on Camera360 (B&W Visual Storm and Night Enhancement) on one of my work areas as well as the Retro Camera widget than a shortcut to the whole app. PicSayPro is really good for light editing on the go otherwise I just wait till I get home and edit on my computer also since I still carry my pocket camera and my Nikon D60 with me I use PicSayPro to do light editing on the go using my Tab.

Yeah! newer phones are getting sweet cameras which are able to take unbelievable images and since we (cellphone photographers) are paying more and more attention to composition, images are getting better and better by the day. Weather it is taken with an iPhone or a LG Optimus cameras and photographers are getting better and better every day.

Gemologist
Premium Member
join:2001-11-15
USA

1 recommendation

Gemologist

Premium Member

I too love RetroCamera+, one of my favorite apps!! So love those old style cameras! I like Vignette because it is the most color accurate I've found.

That shot is not bad Brazbit!! I rather like the effect it has! A little local contrast enhancement and it would really pop!!

Aren't the best shots always the ones you just snap!? lol!

Pichin
join:2001-07-01
Oviedo, FL

1 recommendation

Pichin

said by Gemologist See Profile
Aren't the best shots always the ones you just snap!? lol!

Kind of true, on No Way Up I had just got home and the guy was seating there, he looked at me and went back to what he was doing so I just snapped the photo not even thinking about it.