Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

Other conditions!

What if a previous tenant at that address owes Comcast for an unpaid bill or failed to return equipment in the last 20 Years, will the new tenant be able to obtain service under the program or will they have to provide a ton of documentation proving that they are not the previous tenant? What about a deposit? How much?

Better test, if customer is entitled to food stamps they should qualify for the reduced rate. This would be a good issue for the FCC to review.

Will Comcast still charge customer $7.00 for a modem?

Obviously Comcast wants to make customer jump through hoops to get the reduced rate.

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Mr Matt:

Better test, if customer is entitled to food stamps they should qualify for the reduced rate. This would be a good issue for the FCC to review.

Not really a good test, as this program is aimed at school age children, which are not a requirement for food stamps.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Mr Matt
said by Mr Matt:

What if a previous tenant at that address owes Comcast for an unpaid bill or failed to return equipment in the last 20 Years, will the new tenant be able to obtain service under the program or will they have to provide a ton of documentation proving that they are not the previous tenant?

Interesting that you mention this. I tried to move my service using Comcast's online chat. When I attempted to move my exsiting Comcast service to my new apartment it seemed that the previous tenent had an unpaid bill with Comcast. They wanted me to go to their office with ID to prove I was not related to the person who owed them. I was blown away. I wanted to move service that had been in place for two years, including a phone number and I had to take time out of my day to go to their office? I told them to forget it. I called and service was moved without any mention of the previous tenent.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

thomasr

join:2010-01-21
Winston Salem, NC
kudos:1
reply to tshirt
said by tshirt:

said by Mr Matt:

Not really a good test, as this program is aimed at school age children, which are not a requirement for food stamps.

Federal Free Lunch programs and SNAP (Welfare/Food Stamps) kind of work hand in hand. If your household meets the 130% poverty threshold to get your children on a Free Lunch program - chances are that your household already receives SNAP.

I just needed to state the obvious...

You are correct that this program to get $10 Internet is only aimed at households with school aged children though. The Federal Free Lunch program would be the quickest way to validate a) school age children b) household meets definition of poverty.

Aside from the scam artists - you will not find too many households without children that usually can qualify for SNAP (Welfare/Food Stamps). Many households which have two adults earning at least minimum wage would require at least 2-3 children to qualify for any type of assistance.

swopety

@clearwire-wmx.net
reply to Mr Matt
God forbid Comcast has conditions on the at cost, reduced price service. You want something for less than others pay you have to do a little extra. Trust that the people who "qualify" for this nonsense already have plenty of experience jumping through hoops and gaming the system in order to get their "government assistance" aka gubment check. I get a feeling that you are one of them Mr. Matt because you are already complaining about it. People who are the first to complain about what they have to do to get the freebies or the reducedies (my word) are usually the dead beats anyway.

Mr. Matt please stop being a drain on society.