spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WoodyH

join:2011-08-17

Samsung Galaxy S2

Just got this phone, and its amazing! It is most definitely the best mobile phone available to date. However, I am quite new with it and was wondering if anyone else who had the phone could share any good apps or things the phone can do. I can just tell there's something I haven't found in the phone that it can do.

I don't want to miss out on anything the phone has to offer, so please share any insights of Galaxy S2 wisdom you may have.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Do you have the Galaxy S2 or the Galaxy S II? »www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ··· ne2=3621

You should check XDA developers for info on modding the phone, »forum.xda-developers.com/forumdi ··· p?f=1055. They are the premier modding site on the net for android devices and can offer much more insofar as tips and tricks are concerned than you will find almost anywhere.

Best of luck and enjoy your new phone.
--
Charlie Rangel/Bawney Fwank 2012 Dem Ticket

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to WoodyH
»[Android] Your most used Android apps?

»[Android] Best Apps?
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

It's cool, I'm takin it back
Premium
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX
reply to Lone Wolf
said by Lone Wolf:

Do you have the Galaxy S2 or the Galaxy S II? »www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ··· ne2=3621

technically, that's the Galaxy S2 Mini or the Galaxy S II.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to WoodyH
said by WoodyH:

Just got this phone, and its amazing! It is most definitely the best mobile phone available to date. However, I am quite new with it and was wondering if anyone else who had the phone could share any good apps or things the phone can do. I can just tell there's something I haven't found in the phone that it can do.

I don't want to miss out on anything the phone has to offer, so please share any insights of Galaxy S2 wisdom you may have.

Congrats! I've been lusting for this phone ever since I first found out about it.
Unfortunately, it's not available here in The States yet.

Where are you that you got this phone already?
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Premium
Dallas, TX
None of the carriers are selling it in the US, but you can still purchase it outright. If you have service with TMO or AT&T, you can pop your SIM right in.

»www.expansys-usa.com/samsung-gal ··· -209554/

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
I've got Verizon. No SIM Cards. We're on CDMA.

Premium
Dallas, TX
said by Alpha Phoenix:

yer screwed

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
No really. It's supposedly going to be released here in The States relatively soon. Samsung is holding an event here in NY on the 29th, and it's widely speculated that the release date will be announced: »thisismynext.com/2011/08/12/sams ··· e-event/

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Premium
Dallas, TX
I meant in terms of getting it early. Obviously if Verizon releases a CDMA model, you'll be able to get one.

heliox
Not at the table Carlos.
Premium
join:2000-11-28
Corona, CA
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I have a company provided BlackBerry. You can only use these to connect to the service. They recently said they'd be giving us an $90 phone allowance to use with any phone or device allowed on Verizon. The SII was top on my list. I can't wait until it hits VW.
--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have" Gerald Ford

Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I heard there isn't going to be a Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S II.

»www.gottabemobile.com/2011/08/25 ··· -bionic/

heliox
Not at the table Carlos.
Premium
join:2000-11-28
Corona, CA
Hopefully it is because they will sell the LTE version instead:

»www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,23 ··· 8,00.asp
--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have" Gerald Ford

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to 93388818
Holy S**t....$644.99 for the phone? It's got some great reviews, but the price? I'll have to start working the streets again.
--
Obama in 2012.....No More TeaBaggers!

south1178
Premium
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

yes, we do. 4G uses them.