KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to gate1975mlm

Re: RUMOR: Sportsradio 610 WIP to take over 94 WYSP!

W...Y...S...P
Phil...a...delphia
best radio station in the 80's. MetalShop!
WMMR was a decent second though I hated their Morning Zoo show.

Moved out of the area and came back a couple years later and WYSP was...lame? Top 40? Something disturbing...

Came back several years later and Classic Rock was back. Yay!

Now this?
Jeez. Poor Philly.
KM
--
Don't Lie - Be Kind - Realize your Potential

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

September.6,2011 is when the change will happen!

94WIP FM

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

Came across this article that calls the switch to sports a "boneheaded move". lol

»www.examiner.com/in-pictures-in-···tens-now

quote:
94.1 FM WYSP, a beautiful music station. It was complete with radio personailities and music aimed for someones grand parents. The station's debut in Philadelphia on August 21 1971 featured that format. It was done on reel to reel tapes broadcast from the Suburban Station building in Philadelphia and was was short lived. August 6 1973 saw album Oriented Rock come to the mainstream. Glen Miller was gone and Chigaco and Hendrix were being broadcast. Friday September, 2 2011 at 3:00 PM WYSP will be dead. It's what many in the radio industry are calling the biggest boneheaded move to ever be thought of , let alone implemented.
--
Charlie Rangel/Bawney Fwank 2012 Dem Ticket

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

Honestly, I think it will be. They won't gain any new listeners with this. If people are already listening to WIP, it's not because they don't know about it or can't get it. The fact that 950 had crappy reception is a big part of their success on FM. WIP will not see the same success.