kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Bell Sympatico
·voip.ms

1 edit
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: [Cable] Cable modem - what to buy

The SB6121 can't bond 8 channels, it can only bond 4 just like the SB6120. In fact there's very little difference between the two except for a redesigned case and a few more filters. In Motorola there's only two DOCSIS 3 modems (just modems, not combo units) capable of bonding 8 channels, the SB6141 and the SB6180.

Tyreman

join:2002-10-08
Canada
I wonder what century we would see Rogers approve the '6141 & '6180
--
Southern Ontario,Canada

Gimli
Premium
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4
said by Tyreman:

I wonder what century we would see Rogers approve the '6141 & '6180

I think the appropriate term would be; "when pigs fly"
lol

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to XR999
said by XR999:

The SB6121 can't bond 8 channels, it can only bond 4 just like the SB6120. In fact there's very little difference between the two except for a redesigned case and a few more filters. In Motorola there's only two DOCSIS 3 modems capable of bonding 8 channels, the SB6141 and the SB6180.

You know what, you're right! Now where did I get that idea from :| I think i misread something someplace. *REDFACED* , rofl.
Perhaps I misinterpreted the specs as four channels down four channels up; thus 8 total? I'll check again on both SB6120 and SB6121 later today.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
------
Motorola SurfBoard 6120 | Netgear RangeMax WNDR3700v1

coco12

@teksavvy.com
Buy whatever Motorola Docsis 3.0 modem you want. Rogers doesn't
even approve the SB6120 for their customers yet even though Teksavvy does. I'm running the SBG6580 modem gateway capable of bonding 8 downstream and 4 upsteam channels. It has wireless N plus a gigabit router. This has been the best modem/router that Ive had. It's been rock stable since last year. Just say you have the SB6120 or you will hear all kinds of excuses why it can't be activated. As for firmware updates, I haven't had any issues. It just doesn't get updated but who cares. It works great the way it is.