Search similar:

uniqs
donek
join:2009-09-25

donek

error 0x0000070c & error 0x00000706

Hi

When I tried to install my Brother MFC J265W I've got message:

operation could not be completed (error 0x0000070c)

I press OK installation process was still going on and after few minutes I've got another

operation could not be completed (error 0x00000706). The print processor does not exist.

The setup finished and after restart in Control Panel my printer didn't shop up and when

I tried to print something my printer was not installed.

Can someone help me to solve this problem? I'll really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Crash Gordon
Zero Tolerance For Stupid
join:2004-06-08
Smyrna, GA

1 edit

Crash Gordon

A few questions:
1) What OS are you using?
2) What drivers are you trying to use for the Brother MFC J265W?

Try the drivers from here (if you haven't already): »welcome.solutions.brothe ··· 265w_all

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux to donek

Premium Member

to donek
Uninstall -all- printers and printer software from the computer.
Reboot.
Download driver for printer from the manufacturer website. (crash gordon was kind enough to post a direct link to them for you). Make sure you choose the correct operating system for the driver.
Install driver.
Plug in printer when asked.

If that doesn't work post back.
donek

donek

HI

Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit
Wireless connection

P.S.

I installed this printer on my laptop without any problems, but I cannot install this on my desktop
I tried drivers from Brother website and I had exactly the same messages. Nothing changed.

asdfdfdfdfdf
@myvzw.com

asdfdfdfdfdf

Anon

You mention wireless. when you INSTALL the printer are you connecting with usb until the installation is complete?
donek

donek

NO

asdfdfdfdfdf
@myvzw.com

asdfdfdfdfdf

Anon

can you describe your setup in more detail?

I assume the laptop is also accessing the printer using wireless and you had no problems but when you tried to do the same thing with the desktop it won't work? Then I would first be looking at firewall settings on the desktop that might be blocking communication. Do you have any firewalls or security suites installed on the desktop that are not installed on the laptop?

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

This link suggests the updated software for you and Windows 7 too.

However a lookup for the errors finds this answer at the Microsoft forum. Maybe look it over an see if any of the registry entries or links helps you.

Just make sure you create a system restore point before you start looking it over.
donek

donek

I tried to install this with my anti virus and firewalls off and still I was not able.

asdfdfdfdfdf
@myvzw.com

asdfdfdfdfdf

Anon

Don't forget that the windows firewall might be active as well.

When you installed your laptop were you connecting wirelessly also or did you take the laptop to the printer and wire them together? I'm having trouble determining what could be different between your laptop and desktop.

Can you give details of your network topology? You are wanting to access your printer through your router using wireless with both your laptop and desktop? Or is your printer connected to one of your machines (through usb) and you want to connect it with others?
donek

donek

Hi

My laptop is connecting wireless to my desktop. I wanted to access my printer through the router using wireless with both my laptop and desktop

asdfdfdfdfdf
@myvzw.com

asdfdfdfdfdf

Anon

»welcome.solutions.brothe ··· &Cat=108

Here are detailed instructions for setting up your printer with a wireless router and then installing software on your machines.

Note you need to be logged in as administrator to install this.

If you follow these procedures carefully and are getting errors tell us exactly when the error is happening and what it is.

MnR
Premium Member
join:2002-05-27
Iron Mountain, MI

MnR to donek

Premium Member

to donek
Hi,

Here is another place to read about the Error and fixes: »www.wiki-errors.com/wiki ··· 0000070C

MnR

auggy
Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON

auggy to donek

Mod

to donek
Also, can you open the following folder:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86

What are the contents of that folder?

Is there a winprint.dll?