spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

h100powa

@optonline.net
reply to Evil Furby

Re: Running very hot idle with Corsair H100 water cooler....

What fans...

How did you check the seating... cause if you took it off you need to replace the paste.

Evil Furby

join:2002-03-08
Houston, TX
said by h100powa :

What fans...

How did you check the seating... cause if you took it off you need to replace the paste.

The fans cooling the radiator. The H100 comes with 2 1500/2000/2500rpm fans, but I bought 4 2,000rpm fans because I have read it's much better to use the exact same kind of fans to cool the radiator.

h100powa

@optonline.net
Yes, again, what fans did you buy. No one can really tell you why they did not "work" when you have 4pin fans, 3pin, 2pin... lol... fans with speed controllers on them...

Evil Furby

join:2002-03-08
Houston, TX
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···35200049

I bought 4 of those. I'm running at 50c~ load @ 4.5ghz now. I'm going to buy some article silver and reapply the paste and see if I can reach around 5ghz.

donno

@optonline.net
Eh not to sure why they would been going at a low RPM... but they are the wrong fans for a rad anyways.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Evil Furby
Is it possible that the pump wasn't running at full speed?
there could be some odd wiring in the pump that causes it to require a fan to be pluged into its plug

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
said by DarkLogix:

Is it possible that the pump wasn't running at full speed?
there could be some odd wiring in the pump that causes it to require a fan to be pluged into its plug

Yes, it should be plugged into a molex plug OR into the 4-pin CPU header with all throttling/speed altering options disabled in the BIOS. I'm not sure about the newer pumps, but my H70 pump runs at 1,430 RPM's.