join:2001-06-29

4 edits

[Extension] Tabextensions 3 (TBE3) Updated

Bobby_Peru
Premium
join:2003-06-16

1 recommendation

Re: [Extension] Tabextensions 3 (TBE) Updated

Thanks! Here, still on 3.6.20, I have had to stick with 0.12.2011060202, otherwise there are various problems, mostly relating to reordering tabs. This has happened with previous updates, and the best I can narrow it is a possible bad interaction with TabMixPlus, but I am not certain. Maybe this release will solve those problems. Thanks again!

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
said by Bobby_Peru:

Thanks! Here, still on 3.6.20, I have had to stick with 0.12.2011060202, otherwise there are various problems, mostly relating to reordering tabs. This has happened with previous updates, and the best I can narrow it is a possible bad interaction with TabMixPlus, but I am not certain. Maybe this release will solve those problems. Thanks again!

Try Tab Utilities. Just like Tab Mix Plus.
--
It it always surprising that the first people who reply to a lot of topics are always from that place? Not to me it isn't. I have my eye on them. Like I said before they don't fool me.

Bobby_Peru
Premium
Thanks for the suggestion!

I am not yet sure how I did this, but somehow when I did the update, @ Piro's site, I wound up with 7 add-ons (expecting 3), two of which apparently need updating this morning.

So far, the 7 above "update(s)" seem to not only be OK, but to have greatly improved responsiveness of drag and drop tab relocations (and more), with huge numbers of open tabs (118 currently). No time now to update again, or figure out what I did (perhaps he has split the 3 into further subparts?)

I looked the screenshots for Tab Utilities. What are the differences between it and TMP, if you know?

I will check all this out latter this evening.

Thanks again!

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

2 edits
reply to Gone Fishing

Re: [Extension] Tabextensions 3 (TBE3) Updated

Thanks! I didn't realize Piro had made a package and had these little extensions added to Tree Style Tabs and Multiple Tab Handler that I already have.

I didn't get informational tab. I wonder why. The other little ones installed but not that one.

I will certainly like the open new tab for bookmarks!

Edit: I installed it separately. I don't know if I like it or not. It GREATLY SLOWED the loading of tabs when Fx rebooted. Tree Style Tabs already causes Fx to load EXTREMELY SLOWLY and this extension with thumbnails in each tab....well, I suspect I won't use it after a bit. I don't shut my computer down but I do shut down Fx fairly often and I don't think I will want to have it take forever to load tabs...but we'll see. I used thumbnails on Opera and it did not slow Opera loading tabs. I have 48 tabs open. I like how it counts them now.

I see I now have a vertical scroll bar on the left of the tabs. (I just updated Tree Style Tabs). That has been greatly needed so I am very happy to see that.

I sure wish I could get tbe 3 to install on SeaMonkey.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
said by Mele20:

Thanks! I didn't realize Piro had made a package and had these little extensions added to Tree Style Tabs and Multiple Tab Handler that I already have.

I didn't get informational tab. I wonder why. The other little ones installed but not that one.

I will certainly like the open new tab for bookmarks!

Edit: I installed it separately. I don't know if I like it or not. It GREATLY SLOWED the loading of tabs when Fx rebooted. Tree Style Tabs already causes Fx to load EXTREMELY SLOWLY and this extension with thumbnails in each tab....well, I suspect I won't use it after a bit. I don't shut my computer down but I do shut down Fx fairly often and I don't think I will want to have it take forever to load tabs...but we'll see. I used thumbnails on Opera and it did not slow Opera loading tabs. I have 48 tabs open. I like how it counts them now.

I see I now have a vertical scroll bar on the left of the tabs. (I just updated Tree Style Tabs). That has been greatly needed so I am very happy to see that.

I sure wish I could get tbe 3 to install on SeaMonkey.

Yeah I been thinking if I should use Tree Style Tabs or not again. I want side tabs but hate how it slows down so much. You can try Tab Utilities for side tabs if you want. Not as many features but it is getting there. Hopefully it will be much better. From when I tried it I thought it was.
--
It it always surprising that the first people who reply to a lot of topics are always from that place? Not to me it isn't. I have my eye on them. Like I said before they don't fool me.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Gone Fishing
Open Link in New Tab is INcompatible with Fx extension Multicolumn Bookmarks. Clicking on a link does nothing. Right clicking and choosing open link in new tab NO LONGER exists! So, with Open Link in New Tab running, I have NO way to open a link from my bookmarks!

I can't live without Multicolumn bookmarks so I'll have to disable this Open Link in New Tab extension. I will report the conflict to Piro and Multicolumn author.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Gone Fishing
Premium
join:2001-06-29
reply to Gone Fishing
quote:
History
There is the updating history and the list of known problems.

- Note: This version (and older versions) is incompatible to Firefox 8 or later due to the bug 455694 and 674925.
- Improved: Now you can cancel dragging operation (to select tabs) by the ESC key.
- Improved: Selection behavior becomes similar to the one for range selection of text and so on. Old versions simply toggled the selected state by hovering on each tab.
- Fixed: "Close Left (Above) Tabs" don't close pinned tabs.
- Fixed: "Close Left (Above) Tabs" and "Close Right (Below) Tabs" were wrongly disabled when there are some tabs in other groups of Panorama.
- ru-RU locale is updated by Netanyahu.

Multiple Tab Handler
»piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_multiplet···download
--
non nova, sed nove
primum non nocere

Bobby_Peru
Premium

1 recommendation

Thanks!