how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tennis Fan

@ed.gov
reply to jmn1207

Re: Tennis Channel really?

I don't care who is to blame. I don't like having the channel I watch the most cut off in the middle of the most important tennis tournament in North America. It has opened my eyes to what Directv is offering now, which are some good offers such as free NFL Sunday ticket also.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Yeah... but you're doing exactly what the media giants want. More money!

We need to start putting the screws to the media giants and tell them no more rate hikes.

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Tennis Fan
Yes, the reason this happened is precisely because customers like you run to the next TV provider, or the TV provider caves during negotiations and we all see higher bills.

This scenario will play out in the near future with DirecTV. Eventually it will impact one of your favorite channels again. Maybe next time it will be a channel you don't care at all about, but DirecTV will raise your rates to keep the channel around for the vocal minority that do watch it?

The practice of having the customer switch providers to get the channels they want to see is driving the prices artificially high, and this is only a short-term solution that will eventually come crashing to a halt. It is not a sustainable business and it is destined to fail in the end.

Look around, it is already begun.

»gigaom.com/video/cord-cutters-q2-2011/

StudioTech
Off The Air

join:2001-10-10
Edison, NJ
reply to Tennis Fan
said by Tennis Fan :

I don't care who is to blame. I don't like having the channel I watch the most cut off in the middle of the most important tennis tournament in North America. It has opened my eyes to what Directv is offering now, which are some good offers such as free NFL Sunday ticket also.

You do realize that at this point of the tournament, almost all of the matches are going to be either on ESPN2 or CBS anyway and all of the matches can we watched live on the US Open's website, right?