how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stevenros

join:2011-09-13
reply to J E F F

Re: [OS X] How to get rid of Slow Mac Lion Slow Mac OS X 10.7

May be u are right. But if u look at »www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html its recommended by Apple it self that 2GB RAM is sufficient for Mac Lion.

Do you have any other solution please. Please mind the investment part of suggestion

lunarPlexus
Nothin' Up Muh Sleeve
Premium
join:2003-02-08
Chicago, IL
said by stevenros:

May be u are right. But if u look at »www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html its recommended by Apple it self that 2GB RAM is sufficient for Mac Lion.

Do you have any other solution please. Please mind the investment part of suggestion

Well, it is "sufficient" in that your system does run, right? You say you are editing large media files. That is generally a use case where more RAM is indicated. 2 gigs of RAM, or even 4, is not going to set you back all that much.

myosh

join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA

1 recommendation

reply to stevenros
said by stevenros:

I'm surprised no one else has suggested this... how about going back to Snow Leopard (10.6)? This would be especially true if things ran fine under 10.6 and you don't want to pony up the $60 for an 8 GB memory upgrade.

modelamac

join:2002-04-13
Waterford, MI
reply to stevenros
You need minimum of 4 GB RAM, and 8GB would set you free. It cured my problem with my 2011 i7 MBP slowing down after rendering DVDs of iMovies.

TwighlightLA
Premium
join:2010-07-03
kudos:1
said by modelamac:

You need minimum of 4 GB RAM, and 8GB would set you free. It cured my problem with my 2011 i7 MBP slowing down after rendering DVDs of iMovies.

ADDENDUM:

I just realized that in the cost of buying to RAM you possibly might be looking at Apple's prices for their RAM. That RAM is way more expensive than Mac compatible quality RAM.

RAM from those reputable vendors is way cheaper than Apple's.