how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB

[shared] Registrar

Anyone suggest a registrar for a domain? Was considering Godaddy for registering the domain, but I forgot about the 50 useless pages you have to go through. Just want something simple, as I will be hosting the domain myself, along with mail server, etc. Just need to purchase the domain.

luma
Premium
join:2004-08-17
Port Coquitlam, BC
Have a look at Namecheap.

I switched all my domains from godaddy to namecheap recently.

Much better website and the support is great if you need it.

I recently purchased a SSL cert and that was simple as well.

Google Namecheap coupons for some discounts.
switch2nc coupon code will save you a dollar on transfers.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty
Done and done! Thanks!

estover4
Premium
join:2004-03-16
Valencia, PA
kudos:1
reply to rustydusty
said by rustydusty:

Anyone suggest a registrar for a domain? Was considering Godaddy for registering the domain, but I forgot about the 50 useless pages you have to go through. Just want something simple, as I will be hosting the domain myself, along with mail server, etc. Just need to purchase the domain.

I have around 60 domains registered through GoDaddy a dozen or so SSL serts and a few websites that I admin, and just registered 2 more yesterday, I did not encounter the 50 pages you mentioned.

Not sure if you were just exaggerating or not so I thought I would ask.

luma
Premium
Port Coquitlam, BC
The GoDaddy is the worse website out there. It is total garbage, 50 pages is exaggerating a bit but not by much!

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty
I was exaggerating, however there's is plenty of useless pages. I like under 10 to purchase a domain. Shouldn't be a novel to purchase a domain .

estover4
Premium
Valencia, PA
I just checked and there are 4 pages\clicks to get to a purchase with Godaddy and there are 4 pages\clicks at namecheap one is to remove a free service they offer so if you keep that there are 3. So I am lost. I do not want this to turn into something it is not. I just do not think we should give people that stop by here for info about stuff the wrong info.

There are just as many clicks to get to a purchase page at both places. Unless you do not click to remove the free Whois guard.

luma
Premium
Port Coquitlam, BC
Click for full size
Attached is a screen shot of what happens when I click on Renew with Godaddy. I have a 30 inch monitor and the page would still not fit. That is the problem, and you get 4 of those pages, not just this one.

Yes you can click on the No thanks button (small, out of the way) at the bottom but what if its a new customer/not a technical person?

estover4
Premium
Valencia, PA
You win.

adam9280

join:2005-01-02
Rochester, MI
reply to luma
Next time put your 30" in portrait mode
--
This is where the fish lives.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty
Godaddy loses, everytime.

Singular
Premium
join:2008-08-13
Shelbyville, KY
kudos:2
reply to rustydusty
I've been using domain site for a few years, pretty happy with them.

domainsite.com
--
-Singular