spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ksharp250
join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA

ksharp250

Im actually ok with it

I actually accept the 'apology' even though they are not calling it that in the email I got. It explains to me anyway very clearly what they intend to do and why they did. Now, had they said all of this prior to the price change announcement, how many people would be fired up by that and touting 60% price hike complaints. I suspect that had you been told why the price is going that way and that the company is splitting and for that offering video game rentals now as well with the DVD mailing business model..youd be ok with the change. I am. Not enough to re-sign for a combo disc and streaming I am pure streaming..

That said...they have a long way to go on streaming side to win me over on it being worth the $8 a month. And the second they start getting big name content back if that price starts inching up more and more...im out. But the loss of Starz was the closest thing to somewhat relevant content they had going for them.

My point is this. If Netflix is to survive as a streaming service, I need more than Japanese cartoons, tired old low rated TV series (for the most part), horrible weak-sauce B movies and documentaries no one cares about. I dont care if I have to wait 60 days etc like others, but get me relevant AAA content....still for only $8-10 a month. Or Im out. Period. Not paying $25-45 a month just to get what everyone wants and dreams for Netflix to be (which is the price the industry would love)
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by ksharp250:

My point is this. If Netflix is to survive as a streaming service, I need more than Japanese cartoons, tired old low rated TV series (for the most part), horrible weak-sauce B movies and documentaries no one cares about. I dont care if I have to wait 60 days etc like others, but get me relevant AAA content....still for only $8-10 a month. Or Im out. Period. Not paying $25-45 a month just to get what everyone wants and dreams for Netflix to be (which is the price the industry would love)

you're not getting newer movies for $8-$10 a month it isn't happening. That is fantasy talk. You want movies 60 days after DVD release and Netflix only charge $10 a month max. Well let's do math. $10 X 24 million X 12 months is $2.88 billion a year. That is not enough money to pay the studios to get movies 60 days after DVD release.

Hell Starz wanted $300 mil per year for their movies which are a year old at least AND they only wanted it to be for customers that had BOTH the streams and DVD package. Which meant streaming only customers like me would have been left out of the cold. Should Netflix have made this deal? I'm glad they didn't. As I said this is for movies that have been out a year or more. Imagine what 60 day old movies would cost.

SixSpeed
join:2001-12-24
USA

SixSpeed to ksharp250

to ksharp250
said by ksharp250:

You wont get it. They are actually losing content much faster then they are gaining.

Starz content is gone as are many TV episodes.

Netflix streaming is garbage, plain and simple.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to ksharp250

Premium Member

to ksharp250
never got an email from Netflix..

Speaking of this so what happens if someone stills has streaming AND DVD?

SixSpeed
join:2001-12-24
USA

SixSpeed

said by Subaru:

never got an email from Netflix..

Speaking of this so what happens if someone stills has streaming AND DVD?

You pay a alot more.