spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

steve3334

@raytheon.com

AT&T DSL on Qwest 2wire 2701HG-D

I had Qwest DSL for a few years and now have moved to a non-Qwest supported area. So I signed up for AT&T DSL. I noticed that AT&T sells the 2701HG-B; I'd like to get my old 2701HG-D working with AT&T though to save $100 since I suspect they are more-or-less the same hardware....

I found this: »2701HG-D and 2701HG-B (Are they different?)
And tried these settings, but no luck establishing a connection with AT&T DSL. I did not find a way to update the keycode, however.

Qwest firmware is still on the device. I thought the AT&T DSL installation CD might take care of replacing it, but it crashes. (Windows 7 issue??) I see some .2sp files on the disk but I can't update the firmware manually with the current modem GUI - probably b/c it's not Qwest firmware ....

Any ideas on how I can get either the installation CD working or manually set up the modem to get an AT&T DSL connection???

steve3334

@raytheon.com

So I finally got through to AT&T tech support and got it working. The reason the CD crashes is because it needs DSL sync on the modem before it can complete the setup. (You actually don't need the CD at all, though.)

Qwest firmware is ok with the AT&T network; they don't replace it at all. You just have to make sure your PPPoE username and password are correct.

The problem was my phone jack. I guess there's some problem in my new place; I tried 3 jacks and only got DSL sync on one of them. But it works now; that's good enough for me.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
reply to steve3334

said by steve3334 :

Any ideas on how I can get either the installation CD working or manually set up the modem to get an AT&T DSL connection???

The qwest 2wire can be setup manually to work with many dsl connections
You need to change the vpi/vci to match what the isp requires and enter and save the pppoe username password
/r0/download/1690341~bbbd7d6dac50de998bd8deddd56d9294/vpi_vci.jpg

/r0/download/1690340~f833c8a60ba28532e17f6fa1cdd58260/wan_ip.jpg