Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22

Re: Mc760 usb modem antenna port type?

TS-9 is not a good fit for that adapter . It is actually a smaller connector that works best

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by Max Signal:

TS-9 is not a good fit for that adapter . It is actually a smaller connector that works best

Well that is interesting... but the connector is a TS-9.

»www.novatelwireless.com/ ··· temid=51

»www.novatelwireless.com/ ··· 20Series
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

2 edits

Max Signal

Premium Member

Not lying dude . Know my business . Ts-9 is a standard adapter. The adapter that fits that device best and has less play in it is actually smaller. Don't have to take my word for it . Check with any vendor that sells a lot of adapters for that device. Here is the link for another vendor. You can see the connection on the actual adapter is much smaller

»www.wpsantennas.com/3599 ··· dem.aspx

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

I am not saying you are lying, just answering him as to what connector it is

I have never had a problem with any TS-9 to *whatever* adapters.

When I started playing with antennas on these not so long ago I was also very confused (like the OP) and once I found it was a TS-9 it was smooth sailing.

I am certain you can get several connectors to fit it... but the connector that Novatel installs on them is a TS-9.

Have a good one!

By the way OP if you haven't already check out »evdotips.blogspot.com/

The index for different topics is on the right and down the page a bit. Great information.
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by dib22:

the connector that Novatel installs on them is a TS-9.

That's apparently correct per Novatel spec, but I'm not sure why that meant "smooth sailing" for you as the TS-9 designation is rarely mentioned in any product descriptions for the adapter cables we need.

It is interesting to look at the novatel spec sheet as firstly it confirms the 760 has an on-board switch (though I can't actually make-out how it physically occurs) which I surmise is responsible to disconnect the internal antenna when a plug is inserted.

It also asserts a "half-locking mating mechanism with the plug, providing a good clicking sensation" and I have never thought about a "clicking sensation" when inserting my adapter--now that I try it, it's there.

I can't reconstruct why I bought the 359927 and not the 359936; maybe someday I'll get a 359936 and see if the plugs are identical.

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by tomupnorth:

said by dib22:

the connector that Novatel installs on them is a TS-9.

That's apparently correct per Novatel spec, but I'm not sure why that meant "smooth sailing" for you as the TS-9 designation is rarely mentioned in any product descriptions for the adapter cables we need.

What I meant by smooth sailing is that once I realized the connector type I just jumped over to ebay and ordered a TS-9 to *whatever*, where *whatever* was the cable type I was connecting to
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by dib22:

What I meant by smooth sailing is that once I realized the connector type I just jumped over to ebay and ordered a TS-9 to *whatever*, where *whatever* was the cable type I was connecting to

Hmmm, what's "ebay"? A teknuckle site I've not heard of before!