Search similar:

uniqs

Greg J Laver
@primus.ca

Greg J Laver

Anon

Primus ST516 ICMP Response

Hello,
I am having issue connecting to my work systems in the states, the IT department said that between them and the ISP that hosts the servers they can work out the issue no problem they just need my computer to respond back to them,

I have setup the Modem for ICMP in any direction in the firewall settings and i have followed a guide to allow ICMP responses on my computer but i am still getting dead responses

»imageshack.us/photo/my-i ··· exf.png/
(setup of ST516)

»imageshack.us/photo/my-i ··· 2gf.png/
(Image IT guy sent me from my work computer)
JimBee
Premium Member
join:2003-03-28
Ottawa, ON

JimBee

Premium Member

Hey,

I think people here might need a bit more information in order to help you -- also you may want to blot out the IP addresses in your images!

How is your home machine connected to the internet? Does it go:

Computer --- Router --- DSL Modem

or

Computer --- DSL Modem

When I was with Primus my setup was with a router. The DSL modem was 192.168.1.254 and my router assigned IPs on the 192.168.0.* subnet (like a double NAT sort of thing) and getting a computer behind the router to respond to ping was a bit tricky.

Do you use a router, or is the DSL Modem plugged directly into the back of the computer?

Ott_Cable
@teksavvy.com

Ott_Cable to Greg J Laver

Anon

to Greg J Laver
Sounds like you are using the modem as router?

Greg J Laver
@primus.ca

Greg J Laver

Anon

The Modem is currently being used as a router, which goes to a switch then to the computers,

so i need to get a computer to response to the Pings? where would i start im quiet confident i have the setup done correctly for ICMP responses,

My home machine's Ip changes Daily due to the unit constantly crashing and getting new ip's, kind of annoying but keeps me safe i guess haha, Work on the other hand >_ to late now haha