uniqs
share rss forum feed

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

[Professions] Smithing and Int plate

why arent there any intellect plate patterns for low level smiths patterns, my pally is about at bc gear and all i can find is the damn fel iron sets, where is the heals love after 7 years.

/ andy rooney rant
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If only I had an enemy, bigger than my apathy.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
said by cymraeg:

why arent there any intellect plate patterns for low level smiths patterns, my pally is about at bc gear and all i can find is the damn fel iron sets, where is the heals love after 7 years.

/ andy rooney rant

Adamantite patterns i believe. Although I shot through Outland BS lvls so I can't be sure. A lot of stuff is vendor buy and rep buy from quartermasters though
--
I'm not loafing. I work so fast I'm always finished.
If idiots could fly, this would be an airport.

promo0

join:2011-10-25
reply to cymraeg
I'd wowhead for vendors in Shatt and Hellfire for BS patterns.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to cymraeg
Plate Int gear didn't really get much attention in BS till Wrath and late BC. Armory search for gear, but you may end up having to use random greens, dungeon drops or quest gear. Cloth is still an option although you will loose the mastery bonus, but gains in current tier gear may outweigh loss of that bonus.
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
said by stvnbrs:

Plate Int gear didn't really get much attention in BS till Wrath and late BC. Armory search for gear, but you may end up having to use random greens, dungeon drops or quest gear. Cloth is still an option although you will loose the mastery bonus, but gains in current tier gear may outweigh loss of that bonus.

I disagree with your statement. Tanking as a paladin in BC was harder and the focus was being holy at that time. There as plenty of plate during burning crusade. Also, you don't benefit from Mastery until lvl 80 when you first enter Hyjal. And at level 40 you still get the Plate Armor Specialization bonus of 5% int
--

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
said by mettachain:

said by stvnbrs:

I disagree with your statement. Tanking as a paladin in BC was harder and the focus was being holy at that time. There as plenty of plate during burning crusade. Also, you don't benefit from Mastery until lvl 80 when you first enter Hyjal. And at level 40 you still get the Plate Armor Specialization bonus of 5% int

I specified in Blacksmithing, recently ran a pally through BC as holy and don't remember much being offered in way of recipies early on (at least not compared to Wrath or Cata). Yes there is plenty of holy plate, but they mainly come from the other locations I mentioned. I could have missed a crafted set though, but by no means did I mean that it is missing from BC, just BS.
--

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Well, I can't check for sure at work right now. But I'm pretty I have quite a few BS plans that feature Outland lvl int plate. I remember flying around to find vendors for it all too. Mind you, I'm a warrior BS so me missing out on holy plate wasn't a big deal personally but I just "gotta catch em all"
--

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
said by mettachain:

Well, I can't check for sure at work right now. But I'm pretty I have quite a few BS plans that feature Outland lvl int plate. I remember flying around to find vendors for it all too. Mind you, I'm a warrior BS so me missing out on holy plate wasn't a big deal personally but I just "gotta catch em all"

Understandable, early in BC though, it was pretty difficult to find the recipes, they may have been rep rewards. I know they became more prominent towards the end of BC though. My suggestion: burn through BC and just try to keep your BS in line so that once you get to wrath you can craft better gear immediately.
--

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
said by stvnbrs:

said by mettachain:

Understandable, early in BC though, it was pretty difficult to find the recipes, they may have been rep rewards. I know they became more prominent towards the end of BC though. My suggestion: burn through BC and just try to keep your BS in line so that once you get to wrath you can craft better gear immediately.

google WoW professions leveling. how i level all my profs. gives you Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) of the materials you'll need to get from 1-525 and tells you exactly what to make.
--

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
I don't believe that is what the OP is requesting, though great tip for anyone new to the game.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to cymraeg
Click for full size
wowhead search for lvl60-70 int crafted by BS.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
You and your wowhead access.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to cymraeg
the real answer is just roll protadin/retadin.

prot if you want to dungeon grind your way from Hellfire Pennisula to Northrend; and retadin if you will quest your way there.

Like i say to all scrubs that qq about "ninja'd" loot off bosses at levels lower than say 82; save it for firelands.

Remember that in BC players were still expected to do content to have great gear/gear for thier role. You couldnt just grind out dailies to craft a pattern. It sucks I know, but that was the state of the game at the time.

How I miss it sometimes.
--
"Did you think we had forgotten? Do you think we have forgiven?" Here's to the Victory at the Wrathgate.

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Not fully correct; Protadins were OP when T6 content came out; to the point that in Heroics (i know there is a disparity in difficulty) our tank Bubbleslol (female of course; but would a male BE with that name be suprising) would tank without her pants on 1. cuz it was funny and 2. so she wouldnt be mana starved.

and stvnbrs mis-stated mastery. He/she meant the armor specialization.

Heals for BC were brought to you by Resto-Shamans.
--
"Did you think we had forgotten? Do you think we have forgiven?" Here's to the Victory at the Wrathgate.

ewok_kebab

join:2011-07-11
united kingd
reply to cymraeg
Pre Outlands there is next to nothing for pallies...not sure if the revamped quest rewards in 1-58 Azeroth have added anything appropriate.
I dont think the 5% bonus @40 outweighs getting non plate int gear to cobble together a healing rig at lower level - I did this on a pally and had great fun healing even if asthetically my character looked like a jalopy.(Belf with heirloom shammy shoulders = stylin')

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
said by ewok_kebab:

Pre Outlands there is next to nothing for pallies...not sure if the revamped quest rewards in 1-58 Azeroth have added anything appropriate.
I dont think the 5% bonus @40 outweighs getting non plate int gear to cobble together a healing rig at lower level - I did this on a pally and had great fun healing even if asthetically my character looked like a jalopy.(Belf with heirloom shammy shoulders = stylin')

Yeah I started another paladin the other day and am sportin the int mail BoAs. HPal with a wolf helmet and shoulders with sticks? lol. but at least i can heal whole dungeons only casting Holy Shock and WoG. it's lvl 33 atm though
--

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

1 edit
reply to cymraeg
I seem to remember doing Kara, Gruul and Mag with holy pallies using other than plate pieces to start off. Even is SSC I think ours used some cloth boots until he got something else, may have even been the S2 holy boots.

I am thinking abut picking up with a lowbie pally alt and was going to grab BoA's for holy but can only find the Wrath PVP heirloom shoulders and the Cata caster cloak. Am I just not seeing the other pieces like chest and helm?

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
have to go with the int mail pieces for BoAs

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
he has the lightforged boa plate shoulders and the guild perk cloak, its the other shit he needs especially weapons they are few and far between, thanks for the help[ you guys
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If only I had an enemy, bigger than my apathy.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
there is an int mace though. white fiery thing. it's cool, but also kinda out of place with all the other BoA gear and weapons.
--

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Yeah I started another paladin the other day and am sportin the int mail BoAs. HPal with a wolf helmet and shoulders with sticks? lol. but at least i can heal whole dungeons only casting Holy Shock and WoG. it's lvl 33 atm though

first time i walked into a dungeon with this set up, i got a very serious "When the f*ck did BE's get to be shamans?!?!"

lols were had by the other 4 of us.
--

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
i had the same question 2 days ago hahaha

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
reply to cymraeg
LMAO. I would have wondered the same thing at first.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Good times were had by all.