Search similar:

uniqs

chong673
join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

1 edit

chong673

Question about Upstream Channel Bonding

I see four column of ChannelID on my downstread. I guess 4 channel for downloading and thats bonding.

OK, for my upstream, I only see one column with one ChannelID. So there is no bonding on upstream.

I got new Blast service yesterday.

I live in GA .. zip 30236

Is upstream bonding available in my area?

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

Re: Evidence of Upstream Channel Bonding - Post Here

said by chong673:

Is upstream bonding available in my area?

Guess not ? If it were you would see it. For the halibut, try properly powercycling/re-setting the modem to factory defaults and see if it appears.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to chong673

Premium Member

to chong673
you can always check the first post in this thread for the compiled list of reports.
It current shows one report for georgia marked Atlanta , but reading that thread shows no evidence or mention of upstream bonding... could be a bad link or maybe nothing verified in GA yet.
be patient, this seems to be rolling out faster than downstream did.
Expand your moderator at work

chong673
join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

chong673 to tshirt

to tshirt

I see. I am still getting 3-4 MB upload even without upload bonding. So it doesnt matter much?
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Back shortly after DOCSIS 3 came out here I tested the 50/10 tier. At that point they had one upstream channel and 4 down in this area. I hit 60/20 with PowerBoost. When I downgraded to 22/5 I routinely hit 35/10 with PB...all before US channel bonding (which only started recently here).

So yeah, you aren't missing anything unless you've got 50/10 or higher.

jblues
join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI

1 edit

jblues to chong673

to chong673

Re: Question about Upstream Channel Bonding

Yeah you only need upload bonding to go over 5m up, as many of us are painfully aware...see other upload bonding thread...
tpkatl
join:2009-11-16
Dacula, GA

tpkatl to chong673

to chong673
I am in 30019 (Dacula area).

We had upstream for about a week back in the April/May time frame, and then it disappeared one night.

My guess is that they were testing it/tweaking it. Either it didn't work or Comcast decided they couldn't make any profit with it. In any event, haven't seen it since.

defiant8
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI

defiant8 to chong673

to chong673

Upstream bonding adds additional capacity. If a single carrier has enough capacity, you won't see much of a difference.