Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Jim

Re: [game] Drew a blank and framed it. Diplomacy

My initial and ongoing true alliance was with chlen. I had a one season alliance with Arch, and both chlen and I were helping tmodelt. Of course, my next moves were going to eat his resources up, but that was just to move faster towards a win. Once I betrayed Arch, he basically gave in and allowed me to recommend his army's moves. Protus fell in line shortly after that. Then I kind of broke the truce we had and started eating their supply centers to win.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
For chlen's sake, I was planning on honoring our alliance until end game, unless he betrayed me.
--

Jim
Premium
join:2003-02-10
I tried to do way too much on my own. Bad move in a game called diplomacy, eh?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Kristopher
I just wanted to note that I have not stabbed anyone in the back, unlike Kris, who stabbed me in the back.

For the meta :P
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
Also, Jim, my PMs with you were not manipulative. I genuinely thought we could help each other out without any possibility of betrayal due to our map distance.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Jim

It's dangerous to go alone. Take THIS (alliances).
--

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY
reply to Jim
said by Jim:

I tried to do way too much on my own. Bad move in a game called diplomacy, eh?

Actually I told you your mistake very early. I had non aggression with Tmodel, and there was no way you could get through me and Germany especially since like it or not you have to compete with Russia, easily the best starting point (or England) because of the corners.

Austria on the other hand almost always has to align with either Turkey or Germany. Austria and Italy are the hardest to play with.

I was never playing for 1st place and that is why I became successful. As long as Russia was going to get it I was fine. All you did was bother me south and that had little affect on the over all play to take over Russia with Germany, so in effect had Muz played or not it would not have mattered much, it just saved a few rounds. For extra units I could have just gone to Italy but I never even found it necessary.

Good game all.
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-