how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aa2k

join:2000-10-06
Damascus, MD

kindle or tablet?

Hi, quick question, I am trying to decide.. I need some suggestions to help me out:

I travel and always carry a book with me to read on the airplane so I was thinking this time around to buy a kindle (the new touch one is coming on Nov,21st and it seems nice, for 139.00 (if I dont want the spam showing as screensaver - 99.00 if I want the screensaver option (can it be turn off later?)):
»www.amazon.com/Kindle-Touch-e-Re···05890G8Y
Size (in inches) 6.8" x 4.7" x 0.40" (172 mm x 120 mm x 10.1 mm)
Weight 7.5 ounces (213 grams)

but then I saw this on eBay:

4G 7" MID Google Android 2.2 Touchscreen Tablet PC WiFi for 87.00 bucks:

»www.ebay.com/itm/300594486141?ss···23.l2649
Size 19.9*12.8*0.8-1.4cm
Weight 0.37KG = 370grams

and it got me thinking.. would be better to get one o the these tablets instead? This is not a name brand.. any suggestions.. mainly is for reading books but is one of these is better I can go for it.. more options?
for the people that has tablets how is the reading books on it? I suppose that it would have the amazon/kindle application for too? any other option I can look at?

I am trying to get something on the inexpensive side..100-120 max?...
Any insight would be very much appreciated...
Thanks!

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ
I went to youtube and saw some reviews about the MID tablet. With a Arm processor it seems kinda slow. I suppose for web browsing or reading it should be fine however.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to aa2k
FYI.....I pre-ordered the Kindle Fire, which should ship out around the 15th. I have a perfect condition, 3rd Generation Kindle with a Keyboard and Wifi (no 3G and no spam ads - it does include the charger and manual) that I will be selling. It also comes with a hard leather cover that folds against it like a book (I think the cover was around $40 alone). I'll be selling it pretty cheap, but not until I get the Fire. If interested, IM me.
--
Obama in 2012.....No More TeaBaggers!

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1
said by lordpuffer:

FYI.....I pre-ordered the Kindle Fire, which should ship out around the 15th. I have a perfect condition, 3rd Generation Kindle with a Keyboard and Wifi (no 3G and no spam ads - it does include the charger and manual) that I will be selling. It also comes with a hard leather cover that folds against it like a book (I think the cover was around $40 alone). I'll be selling it pretty cheap, but not until I get the Fire. If interested, IM me.

Rather than unload that Kindle, why not keep it and sync your book purchases to it... that way, if you want to travel with it to the beach or some other sunny place, you have an e-ink as well as the backlit Fire. And if it gets lost or damaged, no biggie... just a thought.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne
Thanks....But I need to recoup a little of the money that I'm putting out for the Fire. I will be using it at home most of the time anyway, so I really don't need 2 of them.
--
Obama in 2012.....No More TeaBaggers!

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
reply to aa2k
Kindle with e- ink. If you read, that's what you want.