join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
reply to south1178

Re: 4GB

said by south1178:

said by Matt3:

said by south1178:

And my bionic's battery is doing just fine. I get over a day and a half with heavy usage.

You must mean half a day. I own a Bionic and you do not get a day and a half with heavy usage, I don't care what you disable. The phone only gets 10 hours of 3G talk time, half that when using data heavy applications.

I find it humorous to know what my phone can and can't do.

Here is one screen shot after work one day. I have the extended battery. I get an easy 20+ hours out of it. Never happened though because your phone doesn't do it, right?

Your phone was idle 42% of that time. That is not "a day and a half of heavy usage." That is, at best, 3/4th of a day of heavy usage ... on an extended battery.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
lol... Android battery life. One of the reasons I ended up switching to the iPhone. Even the iPhone can't do two days of heavy usage...

south1178
Premium
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH
reply to Matt3
said by Matt3:

Your phone was idle 42% of that time. That is not "a day and a half of heavy usage." That is, at best, 3/4th of a day of heavy usage ... on an extended battery.

The bionic idle stats are off, known issue with Gingerbread.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
said by south1178:

said by Matt3:

The bionic idle stats are off, known issue with Gingerbread.

I own a Bionic. I know how much time I get on the standard battery. I have also read reviews of the extended battery. At most, you get 20 hours of heavy usage. Nowhere near a day and a half.

Hush fanboy, hush.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH

1 recommendation

Anyone who's getting more than a day of heavy usage is either not actually using the phone much, or they're lying. Even with iPhone. My friend showed me his Vibrant 4G that hadn't been charged in two days, and it was at 70% or so, and I was shocked until I found that he basically doesn't use his phone.