Premium Member
join:2006-09-06
Lebanon, PA

scanpa to Joe12345678

Premium Member

to Joe12345678

Re: DCX3400 box for sale on craigslist

said by Joe12345678:

well what about the FCC LAW saying that the cable CO must trun on a cable card box?

It's sounds like someone needs to push the issue and make a test case in the courts.

There are more then a few laws that cover differs parts of this.

But any one how says all boxes out there are stolen is wrong.

Even if the boxes has a comcast logo on it if you have payed the unreturned fee you own it. It's just like a hotel where they say if you take X from the home we will bill you X and you pay you own it.

Now that maybe a other test case rent a cable box don't return it pay the fee and then say I own the box and it has a cable card slot so under FCC LAW YOU MUST TRUN IT ON / GIVE ME A WORKING CABLE CARD.

You need to re-read the law. I politely suggest you get help from someone with a background in Business and FCC related laws.

Not sure why you post this in every thread related to MSO Cable STB that are listed for sale, illegally.

Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

said by scanpa See Profile
You need to re-read the law. I politely suggest you get help from someone with a background in Business and FCC related laws.

Not sure why you post this in every thread related to MSO Cable STB that are listed for sale, illegally.

[/BQUOTE :

well people saying that all boxes for sale and stolen are not trun.

Also about Business law there have been lawsuits about being forced to rent a BOX to get cable / VOD and that may be tieing or some other law that the cable co are breaking.