spc
uniqs

PrivacyAlert
@insightbb.com

PrivacyAlert to Cheese

Anon

to Cheese

Re:  

I have no desire for a real Facebook page. I have a sham Facebook account that is locked down, not publicly visible, and with zero friends. I use the account to browse the public pages of family and coworkers.

I recently got the phone verification page that the OP describes. I can verify that going to the home page, hitting refresh, flushing cache and cookies, reopening the browser, or using a different browser does not clear the identity verification page.

Ironically (since I am an abuser in the eyes of Facebook), it was no problem to open another sham account. All my Facebook bookmarks work fine with the new account.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Bravo!

Want to teach others how to do what you have done? If enough stick it to those a**holes maybe we can bring em down. Facebook needs to be put out of business.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

1 recommendation

Cheese

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

Bravo!

Want to teach others how to do what you have done? If enough stick it to those a**holes maybe we can bring em down. Facebook needs to be put out of business.

PrivacyAlert
@insightbb.com

PrivacyAlert to Mele20

Anon

to Mele20
Mele20, I'm not interested in bringing Facebook down. Millions of people love Facebook, and are heavily invested in it, both in time spent on the site and emotionally.

That said, I am in complete agreement with you that most users are blind to the privacy and data mining issues.

Another poster in this thread who mocked you for saying “show your papers” is one of the generation who is ignorant of the horrors of a police state. I can only hope that he doesn't learn the hard way.

That poster is either ignorant of the issue, or he has made a personal choice in not caring about it. The trouble is, he thinks his choice is the only choice.

“Show your papers” has become the phrase that best protests the never ending and always increasing hunger for personally identifying data mining from almost every popular website.

The US government now obtains all that data – with no warrant – with laughable ease.

Decades ago the books you read at the public library were protected information under The Bill of Rights, safe from the prying eyes of government. Now they want the entire data steam. Every page viewed, every comment, every mouse click.

The cell phone completes the electronic prison, your whereabouts tracked 24 hours per day to within a few feet, and of course the phone number of each call made and received.

Our only privacy now is the illusion of privacy. At best we're merely inconspicuous individuals of a large population.

The United States becomes more of a police state with every passing year. 9-11 was a gift to the fascist elements of our society and government.

Facebook's lack of respect for the right of privacy is a tiny symptom of an enormous problem.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

quote:
Mele20, I'm not interested in bringing Facebook down.
You should be buddy!!

They are violating peoples privacy EVERYDAY!
Expand your moderator at work

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese to PrivacyAlert

Premium Member

to PrivacyAlert

Re:  

said by PrivacyAlert :

The trouble is, he thinks his choice is the only choice.

And that can be said about others as well.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
join:2007-08-13
Philippines

1 recommendation

chrisretusn to PrivacyAlert

Premium Member

to PrivacyAlert
said by PrivacyAlert :

I have no desire for a real Facebook page. I have a sham Facebook account that is locked down, not publicly visible, and with zero friends. I use the account to browse the public pages of family and coworkers.

Why bother with an account? You do not need a Facebook account to browse public pages.

I recently got the phone verification page that the OP describes. I can verify that going to the home page, hitting refresh, flushing cache and cookies, reopening the browser, or using a different browser does not clear the identity verification page.

No surprise here....

Ironically (since I am an abuser in the eyes of Facebook), it was no problem to open another sham account. All my Facebook bookmarks work fine with the new account.

In violation of Facebooks TOS....
chrisretusn

1 recommendation

chrisretusn to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Bravo!

Think about this, you have a fake Facebook account, with it locked down and no friends.... what's the point? You do not need an account to browse public Facebook pages. This will certainly have little effect in "bringing them down"

PrivacyAlert
@insightbb.com

PrivacyAlert to chrisretusn

Anon

to chrisretusn
said by chrisretusn:
> Why bother with an account? You do not need a Facebook account to browse
> public pages.

Most pages are that are visible to any logged in user, are not visible if you're not logged in.

> In violation of Facebooks TOS...

Yes, I am a Facebook TOS violator. What's your point? They can toss me when they like, and I can open another disposable account when I like.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
Philippines

chrisretusn

Premium Member

said by PrivacyAlert :

Most pages are that are visible to any logged in user, are not visible if you're not logged in.

Yes there are pages that are not visible unless logged in to Facebook, these are not public pages.

> In violation of Facebooks TOS...

Yes, I am a Facebook TOS violator. What's your point? They can toss me when they like, and I can open another disposable account when I like.

That was my point.

Anonymous88
@verizon.net

Anonymous88 to chrisretusn

Anon

to chrisretusn
Dude just shut the fuck up. An account lets you view info not viewable otherwise.

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

If the account is private, no it doesn't.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to PrivacyAlert

Premium Member

to PrivacyAlert
said by PrivacyAlert :

shouldn't you be able to do this without a facebook?

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
Philippines

chrisretusn to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88
Just love some of the intelligent responses one sometimes gets around here... never said it didn't... just simply said you do not need an account for public pages. Have a nice day...
Expand your moderator at work