share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

2 edits

Ollo?

What kind of name is Ollo? I have heard of some strange brand names, but this is 1 of the worst.

Plus they filed for these too:

quote:
Dish has also filed applications for three other unique brands that it may be considering for mobile video products. On Sept. 6, it filed trademark applications for the brands Hopper, HopBox and Joey.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

said by FFH:

What kind of name is Ollo? I have heard of some strange brand names, but this is 1 of the worst.

Plus they filed for these too:

quote:
Dish has also filed applications for three other unique brands that it may be considering for mobile video products. On Sept. 6, it filed trademark applications for the brands Hopper, HopBox and Joey.

They wanted to use Quikster but that is taken.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
reply to FFH

All of those names should be rejected as they're common names and a proper name.

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09
reply to FFH

Wii? XBox?

SilentMan

join:2002-07-15
New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

said by FFH:

Ollo sounds like "hoyo" in Spanish (the h is silent and the y is pronounced like j in English) which means "hole" in English. There must be something behind that word.

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

Sounds like a margarine.