how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fwmike

join:2011-11-23
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to Smith6612

Re: [Internet] For anyone seeing speed issues...

I've been experiencing slow FIOS download speeds here in Fort Wayne, IN for the past week. I'm paying for 25/25, and while upload speeds are ok, download speeds are consistently around 1.5 ~ 2.5 Mbps. Time of day does not matter, nor does day of the week. It is consistent on 3 different PCs. I've reset the router, reset the ONT, and have gone to every speedtest site known to mankind.

They are sending a new router out this week, but I do not think that is the issue at all. Unfortunately, I have a MoCA connection, so I am not able to bypass the router to test a direct connection. Frustration does not even begin to explain my feelings at this moment.

weaverville

@50.55.47.x

Having Frontier DSL problems? You've got to let people know; elected reps, media, state regulators, neighbors, FCC, social media etc. Probably not going to get much done posting here.

fwmike

join:2011-11-23
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to fwmike

My slow download speeds were fixed. It was an incorrect cross-connect on their end. It was built to give me 2.5 Mbps instead of 25 Mbps. I can see one person accidentally overlooking this. But I called and talked to 5 different people. How could they all have missed this? Absolutely ridiculous.

Weaverville

@50.55.45.x
reply to weaverville

Day 21 of my DSL disaster here in Weaverville. Yesterday was actually good but today it is back into sort of a start/stop mode

Weaverville

@50.55.45.x

Frontier Communications 2011 Proxy Report: Are these guys worth the
kind of money they are being paid if they can't keep your DSL working

»phx.corporate-ir.net/External.Fi···PTM=&t=1