uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Quadruple for Comcast & TWC - Verizon supplies cell service

So, now Comcast & TWC can sell a quadruple play service under 1 bill. TV, Internet, Local landline, & cell service under 1 bill. With Verizon managing a very strong cell service for them.

But will it actually be better than dealing with Verizon directly for cell service?

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

said by FFH:

But will it actually be better than dealing with Verizon directly for cell service?

I combined my Verizon DSL bill with my Verizon Wireless bill and now I talk to the "Verizon Wireless One Bill Department" whenever I call them. They actually seem to be a bit easier to deal with and better trained than the regular VZW reps, though we'll see how long that lasts.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to FFH

I think we're a little closer to seeing pigs fly.

Instead of better integrating their wireless with their wireline services like FiOS, they are looking to make deals with the cable companies. If this isnt conflict of interest, I dont know what is.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

I can tell you that for POTS it usually wasn't. I have seen more than one customer become irate when Verizon didn't fix their phone. Typical scenario:

AT&T customer calls in a trouble to AT&T.

Verizon truck shows up to greet customer. 'What are you guys doing here? I don't have Verizon anymore... I have AT&T.'

'Sorry, you may not know it but you still have a Verizon line. AT&T just sends you the bill.'

Proceed to demarc on side of customer's house and find POTS working just fine. ANI the number so customer can hear their line working.

'Yeah, but the phone in the house doesn't work!'

'Sorry, we are only responsible for the dialtone up to this point. We will turn the trouble back to AT&T and they will have to send someone to fix the problem in the house.'

'Well when will that be?!'

'I have no idea.'

'Wait! You can't leave! I need my phone!! VERIZON SUCKS!!!'

'Bye, have a nice day.'

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
reply to FFH

they already did this with Sprint and it was canned shortly after words.

Ostracus

join:2011-09-05
Henderson, KY
reply to CXM_Splicer

That's what those "no fault" inside line plans are for.

grays

join:2006-02-14
Rochelle Park, NJ
reply to CXM_Splicer

Let me see what are you saying?who do you blame for this scenaro?

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC

Blame? I don't know that I was trying to blame anyone really... only to point out the inefficiency of a middle-man reselling another provider's service and how it's the customer that gets caught in the middle. And, I can assure you, this is not a made up scenario (well except for the Verizon Sucks comment) it has happened to me more than once.

If I were to point fingers, I would say there is enough blame to go around:

1 - The regulators who came up with the silly idea that forcing wholesale would be good for competition.

2 - AT&T for automatically requesting Verizon dispatches on all of their 'no dialtone' troubles. And for not explaining to customers that they still have lines from Verizon.

3 - Verizon for having such crappy service that a customer would even think of going to AT&T.

4- Customer.... hmmm, sorry, I can't think of anything to blame on them.